• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    2 Months ago I had a firearm stolen and thanks to my help it was recovered just 3 weeks later by IMPD.. It's still in the IMPD property room and I think I'm getting the run around by the detective as to when I'll get it back. Suggestions on a lawyer that can assist on getting my property back? Don't care anymore as to who took it. I get the impression they have better things to do than worry about me anyway. It was not used in any crime thank goodness.

The main reason is because it is evidence in any case against the perp who stole it. Indiana Trial Court Rules of Evidence would require the prosecutor to produce the weapon at trial and have witnesses to testify about it being stolen, who owned it, etc. etc. It will take a while; but, you should be able to get it back when the dust finally settles. Best of luck!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    This is what im thinking..I found it for sale online 3 weeks later and let the detective know about the ad..They inturn contacted the person selling it. The detective thinks it passed hands twice..Guess im hoping to be the lucky one to get it back quickly..thanks all for the advice.

What is the seller's INGO username?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    5 weeks later it's probably still waiting in the queue to make sure it hasn't been used in any crimes. Without a rush for trial or a major felony gun, no way it's made it through Crime Lab yet. While you may not care about who took it any longer, the detective has other priorities, and that includes worrying about who took it.

I'd be curious if there's more to this story. The thread title says "stolen gun" but the person "took" it, not stole it, when you talk about it. Combined with the vague reference to helping the police find it, I'd say there's a reasonable chance you know who "took" it, used the police as a repo service, and now don't want to follow up with any criminal charges. How else would you know it hasn't been used in any crimes?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    You know where it is, you know it's safe and more than likely you will get it back if you live long enough........ why not let them prosecute the guy/guys and use the lawyer money to buy a nice gun to use in the interim?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think we need a ruling from the judges.

If Denny declares a Denny of the Topic, does that make it Double Dennied, or does the Dennification of the Denny nullify the Denny?
    The namesake of the award gets to define it. I say since Denny called it, it's officially Denny'd.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom