• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Dang, I always forget the Tikkas and Howas. They used to be less expensive till everyone caught onto how nice they were.

Came here to say something about the Tikkas. I've got 2, a T3 Lite in .223 and a T3 Hunter in 6.5x55. Both will shoot under .75 MOA 5 shot groups. Bolt slicker than snot, trigger easily adjustable (I haven't felt the need on either of mine), and a good synthetic stock. Only downside I've found is spare mags are crazy expensive and the ejection port is a little small for easy single loading. Granted, they're also over the OP's budget, but they're well worth it IMHO.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    And laminate?

Laminate has lots of the advantages of both walnut and synthetic combined, but I'm a traditionalist.
    I sighted in my Ruger M77 .30-06 at the DNR range in Huntington just Thursday last week, and I had it clustering five of my reloads consisting of the 165 grain Barnes TTSX moving along at a measured 2780 FPS right at 1" groups or slightly over @ 100 yards.
    No laminate, no synthetic, only a walnut stock that I bedded the action in with good old Brownell's Acraglas Gel.

Top Bottom