• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    88GT,
    I'm not sure what's going on, but I AGREE with you.
    I'm not attacking you.
    As I said, I try to educate on ALL the differences, of each weapon, then let them decide.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have to agree with 88GT, andacteon277, my wife carries whatever she wants to carry. Her first pistol was an auto, followed by another auto that was smaller and a bit more powerful. The only pistols that I forced (sorta) on her were a Taurus PT92, intended for range duty, and a Buckmark, both of witch were bought for a song, and both of them I am just as likely to shoot as she is. She has since bough for herself, a Taurus Tracker (in 44 mag) a SW BG380, neither of them did I even plant the idea of in her head. Her last new gun I did buy, but more as a surprise for her that she had been talking about for nearly 6 months about wanting. The only thing she is currently interested in that she doesnt have is a 1911, preferably in a Government size.

When it comes to ANYONE picking out a new gun, its a very personal choice that they need to make for themselves. The only thing that anyone can do for them is to provide as much reliable information on the subject as we can, so that they can make the most informed decision they can. Being happy with their choice is ultimately what makes the experience a good one, and will promote our hobby and lifestyle to others that are newly taking interest in the responsibilities and joys of being a gun owner.

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Others touched on the most important items and I agree completely. First and most important is safety. South side clubs and ranges have great classes for the beginner and the intermediate and advanced. I took advantage of these for my wife a few years ago and well worth it. Sometimes it takes a teacher for the women to listen and not the husband lol.
    Once completed classes bgf offers rentals on many types of weapons. Have her try many many styles and take the time to research. Many things involved with women and starting with general dress appareal. What is their main type of clothing worn and how can it be concealed. I personally like the videos of the bra snap holster.

Once again start with safety and we all have to use the brain out there with the crazy people in the world!

Top Bottom