• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    For a little more money than a stock frame you could order a timberwolf frame from lone wolf and have a custom Glock

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Timberwolf Frame (Bare Frame) - $199.95
    I mentioned in this thread a few times that that is an option. I have thought about it and decided I want all my glocks to feel the same so I will probably trade for a frame. I realize that if I got a LW frame I could also sell the frame I have now and make up the extra $49.95 plus tax and shipping that the lone wolf frame would cost, but again, I think I would rather go for a stock look.

I do want to try one of those though.

robstrosity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know what you mean and it would probably be a pain to find a holster to fit those timberwolf frames anyway, but they look pretty cool. Have you seen the all metal Glock frames from brownells?

Brownells Mobile

Once again they look awesome but im sure they're heavy and you probably can't find a holster.
    It might not be practical but I sure do want one

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Stippling is an interesting option if you're into that sorta thing.

The G35 in this thread has been mutilated. Sad to see. Repairs look better but definitely swap the frame out.

I can relate to the original stippler though. Knowing how something is done and actually doing it is difficult. You don't know you can't do it until you're into it a bit. At least the guy stopped :)

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    robstrosity, yeah I have seen those before. Again an interesting idea, but probably not likely for me this time around since cost is part of the factor here.

hoosierdoc, yeah, at least he stopped.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I don't know if anybody mention it, but some body shops have plastic welding equipment. You could fill in the divits with black plastic welding rod, sand and blend, then bead or sandblast the frame.

You might be able to find plastic welding rod with a low enough melting point that you could do it with a soldering iron.

They way I see it, that frame is aesthetically pretty much ruined so, you don't have much to lose.

Top Bottom