Suggestions please. Looking for a good fixed blade.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I like tops knives a lot. some (well at least half lol) of their designs are crazy as hell and over the top but the ones that aren't are awesome knives and they are a great company. usually their blades come with cool kit too. a whistle or signal mirror or little pocket sharpener and decent sheaths also!

I dig the tops machete and the tops bob. the bob is a bit to thick imo but still a dang good package!

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I like tops knives a lot. some (well at least half lol) of their designs are crazy as hell and over the top but the ones that aren't are awesome knives and they are a great company. usually their blades come with cool kit too. a whistle or signal mirror or little pocket sharpener and decent sheaths also!

Agree 100%. My future wife has a Cougar Claw and my key ring is a Bartender Defender. Some of their stuff is a little too out there for me, but they are great blades.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

I dig the tops machete and the tops bob. the bob is a bit to thick imo but still a dang good package!

Yeah some, OK a lot, of there stuff is kinda bizarre and honestly looks more like a hindrance than a tool. But that is also one reason I like them more than some companies. They aren't afraid to try new stuff, and if they see a niche you can better believe they will try to make a knife that will fill it. I only have experience with their more traditional stuff. I love my 230 machete, and my Steel Eagle 107 is a beast of a knife. With all the stuff they make it would be hard for anyone not to find something they like.

Oh, OP I almost forgot the reason I came here. You said you were looking for a knife that can be carried IWB. This knife was designed to be carried by pilots as a deterrent to hijackings. It is also designed to be carried IWB.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Tops-Cockpit-Commander-Fixed-Blade--8307

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    Tops Cockpit Commander Fixed Blade Knife (2.25" Black Plain) CC2002 - Blade HQ[/url]

Thanks that does look like a good setup. I have my eye set on an ESEE 3 at the moment. I think I'll have to get a sheath from mashed cat or valhalla for IWB. Anybody have any suggestions on that?

Top Bottom