Suggestions please. Looking for a good fixed blade.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In my opinion, the Spyderco Moran (drop point) is one of the best value fixed blades out there today.

Under $100 and light enough to carry every day.
    The Moran is a good choice. I chose to go with the Spyderco Enuff fixed blade, leaf shape version for an EDC. They also come in a clip point and an sheepsfoot serrated rescue type.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I read knife reviews often. Fallkniven comes up repeatedly. So much so, I would have had an F1 long ago if I thought I could keep that hard convex blade sharp. Almost pulled the trigger on a beautiful one with custom wood scales but I was concerned that I would never use it as hard as I might a lesser adorned version. Then I would still be back to my initial concern of being able to sharpen the thing.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I read knife reviews often. Fallkniven comes up repeatedly. So much so, I would have had an F1 long ago if I thought I could keep that hard convex blade sharp. Almost pulled the trigger on a beautiful one with custom wood scales but I was concerned that I would never use it as hard as I might a lesser adorned version. Then I would still be back to my initial concern of being able to sharpen the thing.

convex edges are pretty easy to maintain. even in the field if you have a leather belt on. as long as you don't let them get dull to begin with then you will have no problems bringing it back to shaving sharp. every night after you use it just simply strop it for about 5 minutes or so and it's good to go. Me personally I love using a expensive knife. that is what it was designed for. Every feature of the blade, handle, pins, notches ect was made for use and to make the using as comfortable, effective, efficient as possible.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I agree with many above...anything ESEE...but if you are looking for something that's easy to have IWB...I really like my ESEE Izula I just picked up!

Top Bottom