• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    It's just too bad in situations like this when the gun ends up being a replica or toy. I know a lot of these look very realistic, though. Time permitting, do the police procedures call for use of aided vision (binoculars, rifle scope, etc.) to positively identify the gun as real? I know telephoto lenses foreshorten objects seen through them and it makes the officer behind the car door look like he's point blank on the woman as she pulls the toy gun, which makes it look like he's close enough to ID the gun as real or not. Did she paint it or remove the orange tip? Was it a BB or pellet gun?

EDIT: NOT BLAMING THE COPS HERE.

I just don't see how that would be feasible in a situation like this. With the gun constantly moving around there would just not be a way to tell for sure, and I sure wouldn't want to be the officer who says he's sure it's a toy and gets his buddies shot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We are overdependent on purple.

Are we?

Barney_2265600b.jpg

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Everybody is sticking up for the cops. I wouldn't rush to their defense so quickly ... after all, this happened in California where she couldn't possibly have been carrying a real gun.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Don't get me wrong, play stupid games/win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can't help but wonder if some of these guys get off on this stuff?!

Some I'm sure do and I'm sure there were some high fives given. Honestly I don't care. Some people live to go to war. As long as it's justified and necessary I don't care. To each their own.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Seems to me they (one of the 30 officers there) could have bean bagged her a$$) and she would have went down without a fight, don't really see the point of shooting her 40 times or continuing to fire as she is going down/is down...

Don't get me wrong, play stupid games/win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can't help but wonder if some of these guys get off on this stuff?!

Right now I am reading "On Combat" by Grossman. If you are interested in learning about the "don't really see the point of shooting her 40 times", I really suggest reading this book. He doesn't defend the practice, rather looks into the psychology/physiology that can result in it. If you watch, the shooting all happens within 3 or 4 seconds. That's pretty quick, not much time for someone who's heart is racing trying to stop some stranger from killing some friend to decide she's been shot enough. According to Grossman, it's quite possible that no shooter realized anyone else was shooting.

I really suggest "On Combat". It is an eye opener for me, changes the way I see things like this, changes the way I view mass shootings and the conflicting reports immediately following the shootings.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Some I'm sure do and I'm sure there were some high fives given. Honestly I don't care. Some people live to go to war. As long as it's justified and necessary I don't care. To each their own.

True dat... If I was that cop, I would have shot her and then went and got some Carne Asada Fries for lunch. Its the one thing I miss about that state... (that and all of the exotic and in shape women)

5423236312_4ae170940c_z.jpg

song-girls.jpg

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm calling this. With those pajama pants that wasn't California. That had to have happened right here in Indiana!!!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Anyone else notice the magwell is empty?

NOT that a weapon cannot be fired without a mag, just noticed.

Thanks for the info on using non lethal.

Top Bottom