brazil-beach-volleyball.jpg

i did forget about beach volleyball. Here's a past favorite
    177219614_b685b2bce5.jpg

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Not that I'm opposed..and i'd definitely be mad if they changed it...........but why are womens volleyball uniforms so skimpy? I mean, even girls who play volleyball in high school wear tiny, tight shorts.

I don't think you can argue that it somehow helps their performance. If it did, guys would wear speedos too like they do in swimming.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not that I'm opposed..and i'd definitely be mad if they changed it...........but why are womens volleyball uniforms so skimpy? I mean, even girls who play volleyball in high school wear tiny, tight shorts.

I don't think you can argue that it somehow helps their performance. If it did, guys would wear speedos too like they do in swimming.

I assume it is all about marketing dollars. Would their be a TV audience for women's volleyball otherwise? Compare how many specifically tune in for men's volleyball.

For high school probably kids just wanting to be like adults and adults in charge that lack the fortitude to say No. I can't believe what some parents let their boys and girls wear to school.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    When I was a kid, girls just wore athletic type shorts when playing volleyball. Sometime after that the spandex thing took off.

We watched swimming and stuff last night. My daughter loves the Olympics. She's looking forward to gymnastics.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And the Dutch rider goes down! American rider leading the pack....
    Anybody else see that crash?

Edit: it looked bad, I hope she's alright.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington

I suspect because the sport began as folks playing on a beach, and the women were already dressed in bikinis.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    And the Dutch rider goes down! American rider leading the pack....
    Anybody else see that crash?

Edit: it looked bad, I hope she's alright.

The men's race yesterday had multiple crashes, with several riders suffering broken bones. One guy broke both collar bones, another a shoulder.

The fastest I've ever gone on a bike was 48MPH (the hill n SR46 coming out of Nashville, heading north to Bloomington), and the pros will do 60-70MPH on some stretches of the Tour de France. Scary fast.

Top Bottom