• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    The summons I received was not registered mail, but it give a date/time for me to appear with directions to the courthouse/parking instructions/etc.

I did get a short questionaire a while back, which I filled out and mailed in. I do not know if that's the questionaire that you are referring to above.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    In 33 years of being eligible for jury duty, I have only ONCE even been called to come in. It was like 30 years ago in Marion County when I lived in that social dumping ground they call Indianapolis. The defendant was a black male in his mid 20's, he was being tried for murder. Allegedly he had robbed another black male, and then forced the guy to his knees and shot him point blank in the back of the head.

The prosecutor and the defense attorney were taking turns asking each prospective juror a question. Then they would tell the prospect they were excused or they were to stay put for the next round of questions.

I am a non-black male, I was in my very early 20's, and the prosecutor asked me my question. I will never forget it.

"Pistolbob, do you believe the state has to prove guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt?"...I answered in the affirmative. I was dismissed, not allowed to ask why, and politely removed from the room. I have never been called back for any jury duty of any kind.

BTW...the man on trial was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. He's probably out now.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Really? that's the advice you give..how to get out of it? It's no wonder our justice system is broken...it is based on a jury system where EVERYONE does their part...and you want anyone with half a brain to lie themselves out of it. Kind of like people who don't vote *****ing about our political system don't ya think?

"If it was not sent certified mail you can just throw it away if you wish too. If you did not sign for it there is no legal proof that you ever got it."
    I was just trying to make things easier for a person that may be 6 hours away. No sense jumping through all the hoops if you do not have too.:twocents:

Top Bottom