• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just got my Sunday beer at 12 noon on the dot. Some big wigs came over and took a picture with me and the beer and shook my hand. LOL

28577649_1370566873089530_3240649405842537273_n.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I stopped by the Kroger in Lafayette about 2pm specifically to pick up a 6 pack.
    I rarely drink. This 6 pack will likely last me for months, but I wanted to buy on the first day I could.

The lady at Kroger who checked my I.D. said I was late.
    I asked her what she meant and she said there was a line at precisely noon.
    She said there must have been 2 dozen people standing in line waiting for the clock to tick noon.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I had to stop at Martins Supermarket this evening. They had signs all over saying alcohol can now be sold on Sundays. I spotted probably 30 signs just in the short time I was there.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm 60 years old and I have a white beard, but I still got carded.
    You must be ancient! :stickpoke:

I know where I work, EVERYONE gets carded. Had an old man come in, birth date made him 70+. Told him I needed ID, he went ballistic. Told him no ID, no MadDog. Even if it was my father coming in, who is 75, I would card him too. Not worth my job.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know where I work, EVERYONE gets carded. Had an old man come in, birth date made him 70+. Told him I needed ID, he went ballistic. Told him no ID, no MadDog. Even if it was my father coming in, who is 75, I would card him too. Not worth my job.

Some people are just sensitive.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I stopped in at S&V Liquor last week to waste my money on lottery tickets. The manager and I were talking abut his sign out front "Now Hiring." He said he was looking for someone part time to help out on Sundays and perhaps another day or two.

It might not mean much but this will help create some jobs, put a little more money in folks pockets, which will then help the economy just a wee bit more.

Combine this with Trumps tax breaks and the stock market doing fairly well and things are looking up. I hope that many of the developing nations can see their peoples standing improve, thus allowing them to import American made products and improve their lives even more.

Things like this can mean a win for everyone.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom