• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Maybe I can put it in terms that you might be better able to understand.

If Barack Obama, as president, had said-

"I personally think that firearms are too readily available" He's speaking as a private citizen. You don't have to like what he said, but he is afforded that right.

But if he had said-

"Those gun owning nutcases, disagree with their president, and are the cause many violent deaths," then his is speaking from a position of power, concerning the 2nd Amendment. He is still afforded the right to speak that way, but his words should be viewed as an undesired use of office to attack the second amendment.

There is a difference.

Sounds like he should be attacking criminal behavior instead?.

Let's imagine that that 40% of McDonald's employees wanted to wear NRA hats for the first 15 minutes of their shift each day. If Obama were to suggest that it might not be in McDonald's interest to allow that, because the customers are there to eat crappy food, not be preached at regarding the BoR, then I would agree with him.

Edit: I can see your point regarding the nature and forcefulness of his rhetoric though. I think Trump would be more effective if he would try to make more rational and even tempered points.
    But he is Trump. I'll take what I can get, sometimes.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    It’s an invite to the White House and meet the President for crying out loud! It’s not the President’s House, he’s only a tenant the house belongs to the American People. What kind of arrogant moron turns that down, like being invented to sit in Will Powers winning Indy car and declining cause it’s a Chevy and you only drive a Ford. What fools.

My only gripe with the President is that he didn’t take the 9 that accepted and give them a ride in Air Force 1 or a weekend at Camp David.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So in your mind he only represents the presidential office when he makes mention of the presidential office? Interesting.

No. It would also depend on venue, audience, a number of different things. If he's speak in from of a big blue podium with a presidential seal, then yeah probably speaking in an official capacity. Sitting on a recliner talking to Wolf Blitzer about fishing, probably not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds like he should be attacking criminal behavior instead?.

Let's imagine that that 40% of McDonald's employees wanted to wear NRA hats for the first 15 minutes of their shift each day. If Obama were to suggest that it might not be in McDonald's interest to allow that, because the customers are there to eat crappy food, not be preached at regarding the BoR, then I would agree with him.

That's not the president's place. He doesn't own the McDonalds. If the employees have been wearing NRA caps, then conventional logic is that their employer either is ok with it, or are considering a way to address it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's not the president's place. He doesn't own the McDonalds. If the employees have been wearing NRA caps, then conventional logic is that their employer either is ok with it, or are considering a way to address it.

You just said it’s his right to have an opinion. Why would it matter if he owns it or not? I think you’re being so critical of the president because of your dislike towards him that you’re willing to throw away your own principles to disagree with him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You just said it’s his right to have an opinion. Why would it matter if he owns it or not? I think you’re being so critical of the president because of your dislike towards him that you’re willing to throw away your own principles to disagree with him.

He does have the right to an opinion, but a president needs to be conscious of the power of his words. The example, you gave no inclination as to how his opinion was relayed, so I defaulted to him speaking as president. I am not willing to throw away my principles because I think the current president is unfit. My principles can remain intact, as he proves each day how unfit he is for the office.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He does have the right to an opinion, but a president needs to be conscious of the power of his words. The example, you gave no inclination as to how his opinion was relayed, so I defaulted to him speaking as president. I am not willing to throw away my principles because I think the current president is unfit. My principles can remain intact, as he proves each day how unfit he is for the office.

Some examples of what makes him so unfit?

I just find it odd you wanna claim free speech for one group, yet dismiss the presidents free speech in the same sentence. Regardless of his platform, he has his right to an opinion. Until he mandates they stand for the anthem, his opinion is just that, an opinion. If you wanna take it as something more, feel free to. Millions of people voted for him because of his opinions, and will do so again.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Everyone trying to make excuses for why the hired performers aren't doing what they were payed to do.......Perform. They had one simple job and they can't even complete that. Their ego has gotten so big it won't fit back into their overpriced houses.

Players have forgot what it means to go out on that field. Forgot all their dreams as a kid of making pro. Forgot what a rare gift to even get the chance to walk in the footsteps of actual great players of the past. Years from now while sitting in some crappy apartment, they will regret not doing more with the opportunities given to them after fighting to be able to play with the big boys.

I'm sticking to Women's Beach Volleyball where kneeling is encouraged and appreciated. :rockwoot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some examples of what makes him so unfit?

I just find it odd you wanna claim free speech for one group, yet dismiss the presidents free speech in the same sentence. Regardless of his platform, he has his right to an opinion. Until he mandates they stand for the anthem, his opinion is just that, an opinion. If you wanna take it as something more, feel free to. Millions of people voted for him because of his opinions, and will do so again.

Yeah, I didn't do that. I was clear in what I said.
    And I am also perfectly crystal why millions voted for him because of his opinion.

As far as being unfit, just to name a few -
    His concern for American citizens (all of them) - unfit (see Puerto Rico)
    Understanding of the Office - unfit
    Being kept abreast of national security issues - unfit
    Admiration of dictators - unfit
    Morally corrupt - unfit
    Volume of lies -unfit
    Work ethic - unfit

Obviously there are plenty more, one or two, pretty much every president has those issues, but when you have multitudes upon multitudes, you're unfit for the office.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    They have the right to not stand, or stay in the locker room.

He has the right to not have them over to his house.

Let's see what America says at the box.
    If the players were on their own time and own dime, I would agree with you. They are on the clock and subject to their employer’s rules. They have a right to wuit if the working conditions don’t suit them.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’ve said before that Obama didn’t act like he wanted to be the president of the whole United States. He wanted to be president of the progressive United States. He had plenty of opportunities to unite. He chose to divide. Kinda looks like maybe Trump’s okay with dividing too. At least a little.
    I see trump less as dividing and more as we are not going to meet in your middle, but we will meet in my middle type of President.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah, I didn't do that. I was clear in what I said.
    And I am also perfectly crystal why millions voted for him because of his opinion.

As far as being unfit, just to name a few -
    His concern for American citizens (all of them) - unfit (see Puerto Rico)
    Understanding of the Office - unfit
    Being kept abreast of national security issues - unfit
    Admiration of dictators - unfit
    Morally corrupt - unfit
    Volume of lies -unfit
    Work ethic - unfit

Obviously there are plenty more, one or two, pretty much every president has those issues, but when you have multitudes upon multitudes, you're unfit for the office.

I could say every one of those about obama as well.

1. Conservatives.
    2. “What reason could anyone have to let someone on a no fly list purchase a firearm?”
    3. Wasn’t Benghazi under Obama’s watch?
    4. Iran
    5. Spying on a presidential candidate
    6. Where should we start?
    7. Again, where should we start?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

1. Conservatives.
    2. “What reason could anyone have to let someone on a no fly list purchase a firearm?”
    4. Iran
    Don’t forget “fast and furious “...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just to diverge a little. You're right. I'm pretty sure Obama knew the power of his words, and chose them.

"I’m a uniter, not a divider. I refuse to play the politics of putting people into groups and pitting one group against another.”

Uh huh:

"And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

"They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun"

"I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!"

"My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks."

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'we're going to punish our enemies, and reward our friends'...it's going to be harder."

"Cambridge police acted stupidly"

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Back on topic. Still 2.5 mehs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

1. Conservatives.
    4. Iran

Guess who didn't vote for Obama either? "But Obama" works better on those who voted for him. So your point is that because the last guy was a **** poor example, we should henceforth allow **** poor examples? I set my goal a bit higher.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    booklyn-bridge-saledownload.jpg

Top Bottom