• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I have the Hinderer XM18 that is being copied by ZT, it is a tank of a flipper build wise but lite do the use Titanium. Blade grind looks to be one of the other options from Hinderer.

I wouldn't say copy because rick designed this sweet ass knife,

UPDATE!!!!!!

this is going to be a regular production knife!!!!!!!!!!! not a limited edition like the 0550 and 0551. it is also using kershaws KVT bearing system, can you say buttery smooth opening????:rockwoot: the blade steel has also finally been announced, it will be solid ELMAX, which personally is a bit of a let down but ELMAX is a hell of a steel, MSRP is stated around $325 so a sub $300 street price for a custom designed production with 3D machined titanium and G10, ELMAX, and KVT bearings is the deal of the year in factory knives. so yeah I'm a bit excited.

ztflipper-1.jpg

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    we are boycotting those damn meetings :) and i freaking want this knife. brad keep us in the loop pusher man

I'll do my best. I was on the phone today with a rep from KAI (parent company that owns Kershaw & ZT) inquiring as to why all ZT folders have not been available at the dealer level for over 2 months. Some BS about they are concentrating on the Kershaw product runs....blah, blah, blah, and are behind getting any ZT folders out. They tell me that it will be 2 to 3 months before we see any ZT folders.:xmad: I'm not sure how this is going to impact the availability of the Hinderer ZT flipper.:dunno: I'm planning to talk to them in person about this at the Blade Show.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Go get 'em Brad! Looking forward to these!

One thing that I have found out when your dealing directly with most knife companies, is you can't get an attitude with them or they will tell you to go screw yourself.....most of the so called "elite" companies (I'm not naming names) have an attitude and a cult like following for their product, that they don't care if you sell their product or not.....they can find someone else to do so. I get this feeling from a lot of companies that I deal with directly that I should feel privileged in being able to sell their product, when in fact it really should be the other way around. I'm not sure that KAI is this way, I have always had good service with a professional attitude from them. I'll find out in about 3 weeks when I go to Atlanta for the Blade show.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    latest rendering, keep in my mind this is not the actual knife just a rendering but holy F is it sweet looking!

ZT0560RenderingFrontBacksmall-1.jpg

Other than the texture cuts in the scale and the lock side sure looks enough like my XM18 that I call it a copy if it is produced in this form. I do doubt it will be a better than the XM though. For the price difference I will by pissed if it is!! Time will tell and I will pick one up to see.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    but rick designed it, so IMO it's hard to copy a knife a guy designed if he designed the "copy". and it may very well be better than an xm in everything but steel, elmax is a hell of a steel but not for an xm. the KVT bearings are what really set it apart from XM's.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    I like it, hate the clip though. The original 0551 was designed after Rick's own Camp knife, there were only a handful of those made. This one share the same lines except for the flipper.

Top Bottom