• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NSA 308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    This thread made me hungry. I hadn't had a honey and toast sandwich for a while, and wanted to check my honey to see where it is from. It's Busy Bee honey in the bear-shaped plastic squeeze bottle from Walmart. I was kinda surprised, but it is certified 100% US honey, no foreign stuff. Works for me!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This thread made me hungry. I hadn't had a honey and toast sandwich for a while, and wanted to check my honey to see where it is from. It's Busy Bee honey in the bear-shaped plastic squeeze bottle from Walmart. I was kinda surprised, but it is certified 100% US honey, no foreign stuff. Works for me!
    "US honey" isn't the same as "natural honey"

Pretty much all mass produced item will have other additives and preservatives in it. Buying local guys' honey means that it is pure honey with no added sugar and preservatives.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

"US honey" isn't the same as "natural honey"

Pretty much all mass produced item will have other additives and preservatives in it. Buying local guys' honey means that it is pure honey with no added sugar and preservatives.

Not to mention store bought is pasteurized

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not a honey expert, but the local guy I linked to earlier does nothing to his honey but put it through a couple of filters to get out the crud (like bee legs and such) right before going into a bottle/jar.

Other than that it comes straight from the hive with nothing added.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    KFC is not the oly one. Mcd's and popeyes also have HONEY 'sauce' (the 2nd word in smaller txt) when you ask for honey. the popeyes one is high frutosce corn sryup + a tiny bit of honey + suagr + .....

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I have only a couple of hives, so I let my bees build comb honey in the frames, then when I harvest, I cut out the filled comb, crush, strain, and bottle it. Some of the nice looking comb I cut and package in plastic containers, but mostly I crush and strain.

That way, I end up with nice pure honey that still has all of it's nutritional and medicinal qualities.

I also end up with lots of pure bees wax for candle-making.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Makes some nice bulletlube also

I always keep a chunk of bees wax handy on my work bench. Put on screw threads to drive easier, keep a coating on my crosscut saws to help them glide through the wood. I put some on the tops of all my power tools to make the wood slide easier. Keep a coating on all my wood chisels too.

Top Bottom