• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Rifle silencers don't need to be cleaned so long as you aren't shooting exposed lead through them.

My choices for a 300blk can would be something with a large diameter like the 1.75" offerings from Q, Sig or Dead Air. I'd personally go with a Dead Air Nomad, and that'll give you a lot of other good options should you decided to use it on other hosts later on. I also would look at the Q Trash Panda/ Half Nelson. If you want it to be more quiet than those offerings jump up to one of Q's longer options. The larger diameter silencers seem to be where it's at for 300blk subsonic use. I think the Q full nelson is the quietest can I've heard, I personally picked up a half nelson to save on length, and a Nomad in probably my next purchase.

Bfish: I will take your suggestions into consideration. Thanks

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Unless price is a major factor, I wouldn't get a 762SD, they're pretty long and while you think you won't care about it now, once on the gun, you'll probably rethink that.

Also for a first can I wouldn't go dedicated so keeping with the QD can would be major for me, try to get the most out of your silencer, you'll find that if you can suppress some guns and not others, you won't shoot the ones you can't suppress as much if at all.

What other guns do you wish to throw a can on?

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Unless price is a major factor, I wouldn't get a 762SD, they're pretty long and while you think you won't care about it now, once on the gun, you'll probably rethink that.

Also for a first can I wouldn't go dedicated so keeping with the QD can would be major for me, try to get the most out of your silencer, you'll find that if you can suppress some guns and not others, you won't shoot the ones you can't suppress as much if at all.

What other guns do you wish to throw a can on?

M67: The only other gun would be an AR in 556.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    If you’re impatient (which we all are) filing a form 1 on a good quality solvent trap kit is an option.get the approval back, drill the endcap, stuff it with steel wool and send it to an SOT that specializes in recoring cans. Should be under 1k and take only a few months.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    STFU: Looks like I will be doing more research.

Thanks, George.

I own one of the older models and have never looked back. It is an excellent can and would buy it again if I could find one.
    Looking forward, I will be getting the model in the link I posted for my .300 BLK pistol.

PM me if you want to see/hear some videos I shot of mine.
    Also, there are a bunch of videos on YouTube for these. Start here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=injnd3rGwdk

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I own one of the older models and have never looked back. It is an excellent can and would buy it again if I could find one.
    Looking forward, I will be getting the model in the link I posted for my .300 BLK pistol.

PM me if you want to see/hear some videos I shot of mine.
    Also, there are a bunch of videos on YouTube for these. Start here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=injnd3rGwdk

STFU: Thanks again.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I know people love to suggest things that they own. That's why I generally dislike thread like this of someone asking what is the best. Afterall, they need to justify their purchase. The OSS helix isn't something I'd look into nowadays. First off, anything supersonic is going to be loud and be borderline hearing safe. That goes for most all suppressors with supers. Second, in a market now of all these quality cans that offer the same performance at 5-6oz less, why would anyone pick a can that weighs 19oz plus the muzzle device? I don't own a Nomad or a Vox, but they're quality cans that are lightweight and have the universal rear thread pattern to accept 4 or 5 manufacturer's mounting systems plus direct thread.

zeebandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I know people love to suggest things that they own. That's why I generally dislike thread like this of someone asking what is the best. Afterall, they need to justify their purchase. The OSS helix isn't something I'd look into nowadays. First off, anything supersonic is going to be loud and be borderline hearing safe. That goes for most all suppressors with supers. Second, in a market now of all these quality cans that offer the same performance at 5-6oz less, why would anyone pick a can that weighs 19oz plus the muzzle device? I don't own a Nomad or a Vox, but they're quality cans that are lightweight and have the universal rear thread pattern to accept 4 or 5 manufacturer's mounting systems plus direct thread.

NyleRN: I'm not necessarily looking for the very best. I just want a quality can for my budget. I will probably shoot suppressed with heavier loads.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County

First, the OP did not ask for what "is the best" as you infer above.
    Second, the OP mentioned budget as the primary concern. Not weight.
    Third, the OP asked for recommendations.

Threads are like radio stations: if you don't like what you hear, you change the channel.
    If you don't like this kind of thread, do not read it. Pretty simple philosophy.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    With cans available now, for the price point, I'd look into a Rugged Razor. Don't have one, I'm heavily invested in the Saker MAAD system I'm not switching

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I went with a Silencer Co Saker 762 because they offer both a QD & direct thread adapter for the can. It might not be the most technically modern can but, I was able to start out with the cheapest attachment method, direct thread, then upgrade later to QD to use on multiple hosts.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I went with a Silencer Co Saker 762 because they offer both a QD & direct thread adapter for the can. It might not be the most technically modern can but, I was able to start out with the cheapest attachment method, direct thread, then upgrade later to QD to use on multiple hosts.
    That seems to be pretty common these days.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    First, the OP did not ask for what "is the best" as you infer above.
    Second, the OP mentioned budget as the primary concern. Not weight.
    Third, the OP asked for recommendations.

Threads are like radio stations: if you don't like what you hear, you change the channel.
    If you don't like this kind of thread, do not read it. Pretty simple philosophy.

So this is a listen and read only? Lol, I thought we might actually be able to have an adult discussion about suppressors without folks getting butthurt. OP said $1k not including the stamp. Where do get budget minded from that, considering 90% of suppressors cost less that $1k? And it's pretty obvious OP is new to suppressors. Weight needs to be brought up as it is a contributing factor whether he knows it or not. I'm trying to be helpful here. You're more than welcome to use the ignore feature

Top Bottom