• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I say good call, not because I think its right to misrepresent yourself but becuase the first amendment still lives.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If someone so much as receives a free drink as a result of misrepresenting themselves as a veteran of the U.S. military they should be charged with fraud. Free speech still lives.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I too saw this and am disgusted by it. Stolen valor has nothing to do with free speech in my opinion. I would hazard to guess that the majority of these clowns that claim false honors are doing it to get something.

Claiming false honors and decorations is theft plain and simple, simply because something tangible was not stolen doesn't mean they're still not stealing something.

If this ruling is correct then there is actually no such thing as a lie anymore, everything is just free speech....?

I'm all for free speech, I agree with anyone feeling or saying whatever they want as long as it's true as a fact or at least a true opinion. Stating a fact that is simply not true is a flat out lie

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I am the moral elite, I'm a navy seal with a medal of honor and the chief of police and the sheriff and I own this forum....

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I didnt realize I was in the presence of th moral elite that never told a lie.

I'm less preaching about a lie as I am contending that Stolen Valor is in fact theft. To me it's no different then me stealing money out of your pocket. That wold just be me stealing something you earned and I didn't.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I am the moral elite, I'm a navy seal with a medal of honor and the chief of police and the sheriff and I own this forum....

Happy for ya, should I put a little gold star on the wall with your name on it junior.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They're free to tell their war stories just as I am free to choose how much stock I put into them. If a guy is telling me his war stories unsolicited from me, I put zero stock in them. I figure having to live the sad and pathetic life of lying to make friends punishment enough.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    :) #7 was the joke obviously, #8 was my point...

I was kidding as well,don't take it personal.
    If we start prosecuting people for lieing we will all be in court and nothing will ever get done.
    Sorry if I was supposed to bow to the holy veteran and forgot my manners.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Hey Booya, is it warm enough for ya now?

I know, that needs changed! Did I mention the AC at my house is out as well? fml.

I was kidding as well,don't take it personal.
    If we start prosecuting people for lieing we will all be in court and nothing will ever get done.
    Sorry if I was supposed to bow to the holy veteran and forgot my manners.

I'm not mad at ya! I don't take anything on the internet personal really. I see your point, but I still contend that this is theft and it's done solely in an attempt to gain something from it, also theft/fraud.

Also, no apologies necessary, I am BY NO MEANS holy, though I am a veteran. I don't deserve special treatment. We'll agree to disagree and we'll both sleep peacefully this evening.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This was the correct ruling.

You don't have a right to not get your feelings hurt. Sorry it feels like armed robbery when someone tells a tall tale about being in a war.

We don't need Federal Thought Police checking people's resumes to see if they deserve those special pats on the back. Get over yourselves.

Top Bottom