• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    If you want a super cheap but high quality insanely bright light, check out the SolarForce Masterpiece. It is a quad-die Cree MC-E that runs on 2x18650 with some incredible deep square knurling on the tube. I took it completely apart and everything about it screams quality.

It got me all excited about SolarForce because they make a 6P knockoff that is real cheap. I was sadly disappointed with the rest of their line in comparison to the Masterpiece.
    I will look into right now thanks I never bought a flashlight more than $30 from anyone before so this fenix is my first high end (other than weapon lights that is) for home and outside use

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I will look into right now thanks I never bought a flashlight more than $30 from anyone before so this fenix is my first high end (other than weapon lights that is) for home and outside use
    I acutally paid less for the fenix tk45..and the mini gun design looks better to me than the SolarForce Masterpiece IMO..but thanks for the heads up..If i ever need another light ill definatly look into one the reviews on the SolarForce Masterpiece were great on other sites Thanks again

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Let's talk house lights for a minute. In my car, I keep CR123 lights due to the temperature resistance and storage life. My EDC light at work tends to be the Nitecore - swayed by the fact that it is simple operation, very well built AND I can feed it with AAs that we stock at work. Hey?! I'm using it for work!!!

But house lights...

An excellent deal is the Lowe's Task Force 3W Cree 150+lumen 2C torch. I got the first one after a recommendation on Candlepower Forums a couple of years ago. I ended up buying 4-5 and they're scattered around the house. One on top of the fridge next to the back door, one in each of the kid's rooms, one on either side of our bed. Excellent light! Pretty well made, compact, feed it cheap C batteries and quite good performance. All for less than $30.

Now these aren't EDC lights but they're fantastic around the house.

NEW Lowes Task Force 3W "CREE" 2C 150+ lumens (Part 3) - CandlePowerForums

Flashlight Reviews and LED Modifications

Top Bottom