• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Spouse has a W2. I do not. We also have the rental properties. Never know if you will turn a profit or a loss. Then there was the one year we sold a house to the tenant and didn't expect it.

That was a big check year, at least for me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I thought conservatives were supposed to be...in theory at least, against growing the deficit.

...but I hear that over-taxation and overspending aren't important because we're going to "lose the country" if we don't approve of it or something. I didn't quite understand that position.

With cities burning, businesses destroyed, a virus that the media and a political party have used to scare people to irrationality, causing folks to lose their jobs, businesses to close, etc. You think a deficit or debt is a top priority for conservatives? Or should be?

What the heck is another trillion between friends...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    With cities burning, businesses destroyed, a virus that the media and a political party have used to scare people to irrationality, causing folks to lose their jobs, businesses to close, etc. You think a deficit or debt is a top priority for conservatives? Or should be?

Yes.Yes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I think that spending within one's means is a 100% of the time proposition, personally and for the government. Likewise, the federal government only doing what it should be doing under the Constitution is a 100% proposition.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think that spending within one's means is a 100% of the time proposition, personally and for the government. Likewise, the federal government only doing what it should be doing under the Constitution is a 100% proposition.

:rofl:
    Spending within our means!
    :rofl:

No way jose! This is the land of borrow/credit and to hell with ever paying it off. :facepalm:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, it's going to all collapse any day now. Been hearing that for at least 30 years or so.

I'm not so much concerned about a sudden crash (though stranger things have happened), but I am a bit concerned about a slow degradation of the foundations of the economy and the eroding of constitutional restraints upon the federal government.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeah, it's going to all collapse any day now. Been hearing that for at least 30 years or so.

It wont occur like that.
    You wont wake up one day and boom shtf economical mess. Nah. It's a slow steady decline that occurs.
    unless, off course, 2020 finishes us off with ALIENS! :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Imagine what would happen to manufacturing and production if people only bought what they could afford?

Exactly.

And "afford" is a matter of opinion. If someone can pay their bills on time and can use credit responsibly to enhance their experience on this God-forsaken rock, then they can afford it. No matter what the cash-only curmudgeon with his 25 year old Buick has to say about it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Exactly.

And "afford" is a matter of opinion. If someone can pay their bills on time and can use credit responsibly to enhance their experience on this God-forsaken rock, then they can afford it. No matter what the cash-only curmudgeon with his 25 year old Buick has to say about it.

Who said "cash only"? How soon we forget 2008.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not so much concerned about a sudden crash (though stranger things have happened), but I am a bit concerned about a slow degradation of the foundations of the economy and the eroding of constitutional restraints upon the federal government.
    We’re so far past that I can’t even see where we were just 10 years ago over the horizon.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I haven't had Payroll Taxes withheld in this decade living amongst The Amish and all. For the rest of you, was this tax actually suspended in 2020 and will you now be responsible for it when filing your income tax returns in 2021?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't had Payroll Taxes withheld in this decade living amongst The Amish and all. For the rest of you, was this tax actually suspended in 2020 and will you now be responsible for it when filing your income tax returns in 2021?
    AFAIK, this never came to fruition. In my tax prep classes there wasn't anything spoken about it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    AFAIK, this never came to fruition. In my tax prep classes there wasn't anything spoken about it.
    Is this getting confused with the suspension of OASDI withholding that was suspended? They will begin withholding ours again with our pay period ending January 16, plus a "make up" deduction through the end of March or April, (I forget).

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wife asked me about how much I think we're gonna have to pay for 2020.
    All I know is to laugh.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is this getting confused with the suspension of OASDI withholding that was suspended? They will begin withholding ours again with our pay period ending January 16, plus a "make up" deduction through the end of March or April, (I forget).
    Got an email at work today saying that now we'll be "paying back" the deferred payments of OASDI (FICA) over the entire year of 2021, not just the first 3 or 4 months.

Top Bottom