• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I love her so hard.

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675]Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For[/ame]

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    The first time I heard her story (I think it was on the Penn and Teller show about gun control) I had goosebumps from watching it. Powerful stuff

:patriot:

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Great find, I have not heard this particular story either. Iwish that more people with brave stories like this one would come forward and help fight for our 2nd amendment rights.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Part of that story was broadcast on a segment of 20/20 I believe a few years back. Also that clip was on a Penn and Tellers ******** segment on gun control

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Have seen this before but it bears re-watching and re-posting for those that haven't seen it. Unfortunately I think that those who need to see it the most are those that wouldn't watch it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Have seen this before but it bears re-watching and re-posting for those that haven't seen it. Unfortunately I think that those who need to see it the most are those that wouldn't watch it.

Want a wake-up call, folks? This happened in 1991. The people who were born that year will be eligible for IN LTCHs next year.

And those who need to see it most, when the story is told to them, discount it by saying that such a situation is so rare that to carry is unnecessary, or they discount that the person showing it to them would react to it correctly ("oh, come on, would you really...?" and they aren't willing to believe that the answer is "yes".) They just cannot comprehend that no matter how rarely it happens, when it does happen, you have to either be able to react to it or just **** your pants and wait to die. They cannot wrap their heads around the idea that someone they know to be quiet and peaceable and not prone to violence can respond to violent attack with equal or greater violence and stop the criminal before other innocents are hurt or killed... and can then return to being peaceable, quiet people, not prone to violence.

The key is that those people to whom I refer, those sheepdogs, if you will, have that capacity in response to a threat, a clear and present danger, if you will, and never of their own initiative. It is that which separates them from the criminal, the predator, the evildoer: The capacity for violence for personal gain of their own initiative is a trait solely of the latter.

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I had heard this story many times and saw the video before, but standing in the crowd when she retold the story in Chicago for the SAFR event was REALLY moving. Much of the crowd had tears in their eyes. (:rolleyes:But not me! I'm (sniff) to tough for that!:rolleyes:)

Dr. Huff is an amazing person and an exceptional speaker. We here in IL are SO fortunate to have her on our side in our attempt to secure concealed carry. :patriot:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Want a wake-up call, folks? This happened in 1991. The people who were born that year will be eligible for IN LTCHs next year.

And those who need to see it most, when the story is told to them, discount it by saying that such a situation is so rare that to carry is unnecessary, or they discount that the person showing it to them would react to it correctly ("oh, come on, would you really...?" and they aren't willing to believe that the answer is "yes".) They just cannot comprehend that no matter how rarely it happens, when it does happen, you have to either be able to react to it or just **** your pants and wait to die. They cannot wrap their heads around the idea that someone they know to be quiet and peaceable and not prone to violence can respond to violent attack with equal or greater violence and stop the criminal before other innocents are hurt or killed... and can then return to being peaceable, quiet people, not prone to violence.

The key is that those people to whom I refer, those sheepdogs, if you will, have that capacity in response to a threat, a clear and present danger, if you will, and never of their own initiative. It is that which separates them from the criminal, the predator, the evildoer: The capacity for violence for personal gain of their own initiative is a trait solely of the latter.

Blessings,
    B

Well said. As a child in the 60s my Mother used to take me and my sister to Lubys to eat. I remember when this happened in 1991 and I thought it was horrifying. In 1991 I did not own a gun and never thought I would. I had never thought I needed one. Let's face it, most have been culled into a sense of safety since bad things rarely do happen. It wasn't until recently that I started to really think about it and I felt the need to take my constitutional and civic duties seriously. This internal conversation came to a head with the Heller decision and recent politics. Since then I have become a gun owner, applied for and recieved a LTCH, and will now vote based on how a candidate views the constitution and their constitutional responsibilies.

So I am basically a recent convert. It is good.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Blessings,
    B

A quote from George Orwell:
    People sleep safe in their beds only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Just count me as one of those rough men.

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI
    Watch it again she spoke with conviction as Schumer D-NY sat there and looked like he could have cared less about her her thoughts or anything she was saying

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well said. As a child in the 60s my Mother used to take me and my sister to Lubys to eat. I remember when this happened in 1991 and I thought it was horrifying. In 1991 I did not own a gun and never thought I would. I had never thought I needed one. Let's face it, most have been culled into a sense of safety since bad things rarely do happen. It wasn't until recently that I started to really think about it and I felt the need to take my constitutional and civic duties seriously. This internal conversation came to a head with the Heller decision and recent politics. Since then I have become a gun owner, applied for and recieved a LTCH, and will now vote based on how a candidate views the constitution and their constitutional responsibilies.

So I am basically a recent convert. It is good.

I remember Luby's when I was growing up; I ate many a meal there, and the idea of one of those meals being interrupted by some SOB driving a truck through the front window was at the time, unthinkable. Even now, I find it unfathomable how someone can have so little regard for the lives of others that what happened to Dr. Hupp and her parents along with the other people there that day could even occur to someone to do. There is a reason to be armed and to protect yourself: No one else can be expected to do it for you. Put another way, how can you expect someone else to risk his/her life to save yours when you refuse to do it yourself?

Blessings,
    B

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I remember Luby's when I was growing up; I ate many a meal there, and the idea of one of those meals being interrupted by some SOB driving a truck through the front window was at the time, unthinkable. Even now, I find it unfathomable how someone can have so little regard for the lives of others that what happened to Dr. Hupp and her parents along with the other people there that day could even occur to someone to do. There is a reason to be armed and to protect yourself: No one else can be expected to do it for you. Put another way, how can you expect someone else to risk his/her life to save yours when you refuse to do it yourself?

Blessings,
    B

Hopefully, some (all?) of you will join us in Chicago next year for our second SAFR event. (Second Amendment Freedom Rally). Don't know when it will be yet, but I'll pass on the info. The more the merrier!

Top Bottom