• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I just saw the show for the first time while on vacation. These two...

Picture-32-490x310.png

... could show up at a family reunion for the Georgia branch of my family, and nobody would know the difference.

I love the show but them adding these brothers into the mix just made it better. A couple simple guys that know how to get by and they don't seem to worry about a whole lot (not even accidentally shooting each other a few times).

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    But these guys went rabbit hunting with a .50cal muzzeloader! Don't think there would be much left of the rabbit, unless they are as big as the gators. The .22 suprised me too, but they get the most money out tof the hide. But I like how I saw it done in Florida on some show. They usded a "Bang Stick" which some how fired a .357 mag when you banged it on the gator's head. The thing just looked like like a spear without a point on it. But some times the Swamp People get their Big Gun out...a .22mag! Been watching it as long as it's been on H.C. permantly programmed on my DVR!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Last season the black guy with 2 sons that worked with him for a bit brought out a bigger caliber that looked like a Handi Rifle. Tried to take an open water shot with it. The hide and meat is a big issue and why they stick with .22lr or .22mag but you've got to remember that there have been issues with bone or bullet fragments coming back at the people on the boat. Much, much better to use a smaller caliber and try to keep any kind of damage as low as possible.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Caught an episode last night for the first time. I met plenty of people like those guys when I was stationed down at Ft Polk. Good folk.

Reminds me.
    I have a friend who was in the Army stationed at Fort Polk back about 1980ish.
    He said they called the place "Fart Puke".... LOL :-)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If they end up flooding the Atchafalaya Basin, the September season will be affected some. They'll just have to fish in some different areas but the gators will still be there. Haven't been following any news the last week or so but flooding Atchafalaya was still the plan.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was watching a re-run of the "Deadly Skies" episode, and did a slow mo on Jay-Paul when he shot a gator. There was a close up of his weapon, besides the scope I always noticed, it seeme that a shouldered catridge was being chambered. possibly .223. Any one else catch that? Always wondered why he had a large scope on it. I don't think I've seen him take a long shot with it. But may be that's why he's possibly using .223. :dunno:

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    Love the show and with the flooding they show the areas each of them fish out of made me wonder how the next season will be.

My 4 year old gets in my boat and yells "Toot em Elibadeth, Toot em!"

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I got to meet Troy and son Jacob this past Sunday at the new Gander Mountain in Greenfield. I sat on Troy's lap and he was saying look the tree is shaking and I said 'don't shoot' don't shoot me' It was a good time talking to others in line and Troy and Jacob were real nice. Glad I got to go and meet them.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Real Cool! But did you really expect Troy to turn down a pretty lady like you? You should have tried to sell him one of you "Gator Stickers" for just in case they run out of Ammo! My wife had me on a project so I could not go!

Top Bottom