• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :rockwoot:I wouldnt talk you out of it.......:rockwoot:!

review on it once it arrives?

Oh you know it! Hopefully it will come in about the same time it starts to warm up. I plan on taking it out to our woods along with my TOPS 230 Machete (since its the only knife I have that is similar in size) and do a head to head on brush clearing.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    The tops machete will win based on thickness alone. But the Rucki will probably chop better and do heavier stuff a bit better. Both will serve you very well in a multitude of tasks.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The tops machete will win based on thickness alone. But the Rucki will probably chop better and do heavier stuff a bit better. Both will serve you very well in a multitude of tasks.

Yeah, I know the TOPS 230 and the Rucki isnt really an apples to apples comparison but like I said its the only other knife I have similar in size.

The TOPS has been very usefull the last few summers for general use and it will probably keep that role.

Im not really sure what Im gonna use the Rucki for Ive just always wanted somthing like it. I passed on the Waki because I thought it would be to large to carry while camping. I think the Rucki will be the perfect size for backpacking.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    you don't have to explain just wanting another blade to a knife junky. I rarely justify my purchases or I would never get new toys lol. I mostly buy because I like it and want it. a cool blade is a cool blade and I fully support the purchase of such lol. I have on several occasions sold guns to buy my new knives lol.

However like I stated both will serve you very well in the path clearing task or whatever it is you throw at them. congrats on the new purchase. hopefully the 2 weeks goes by quickly :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    you don't have to explain just wanting another blade to a knife junky. I rarely justify my purchases or I would never get new toys lol. I mostly buy because I like it and want it. a cool blade is a cool blade and I fully support the purchase of such lol. I have on several occasions sold guns to buy my new knives lol.

However like I stated both will serve you very well in the path clearing task or whatever it is you throw at them. congrats on the new purchase. hopefully the 2 weeks goes by quickly :)

I know I dont NEED to justify it. I just like having a purpose for tools I buy. This is the first expensive tool Ive bought just because it was cool with no real use for it, and also the first time Ive sold a gun to buy a knife.

It will give me an excuse to take more camping trips this year! :D

Also its 5-7 weeks not 2. :( I want my Rucki!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got my Kill Devil hawk yesterday. Seemed like pretty fast turnaround for that bunch.

Sweet! How long was your wait?

They told me 5-7 weeks. It was done in just under 2. So fast that I wasnt expecting it and I didnt have the money in my account at the time they tried to charge me. Oops. Oh well it should be taken care of today and hopefully on its way tomorrow.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Placed my order on February 4th, and got the shipping notice 19th. My Rattle Hawk isn't done yet, but I appreciated them mailing the Kill Devil separately to keep me entertained in the mean time.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone know a goodway to get ahold of Swamp Rat?

Ive been emailing them but I HATE doing business through email. Id rather just call them and get this thing paid for and on its way but they dont have a number listed and it specifically says on thier website NOT to call Busse with questions about Swamp Rat or they will not do business with you ever again or at all.

Anyone know a better way to communicate with them?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Rucki Status update.

Paid for and ready to ship! I should be getting the shipping notice by the end of the week and hopefully Ill have it by the end of next week.

Pics will follow shortly

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    RUCKI IS HERE!!!!

:D:rockwoot::D:rockwoot::D:rockwoot::D:rockwoot:

:banana::bacondance::banana::bacondance:

Yeah Im a little excited. Havent had the chance to take pics yet but I will get some posted as soon as I do.

It is freaking beautifull and feels so solid. Its balance is definately handle heavy but doesnt feel like it when its in my hand. Im looking forward to getting out in the woods and doing some chopping.

Top Bottom