May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Was the first one a no knock or not? The police said they knocked/said police 3X , but the video looked like it was a no knock.

My understanding from Phylodog is that No-Knock deosn't mean they do not make their presence known, it means they do not wait for the door to open. You can hear yelling in the video but I do not see where they described the "knock 3x and yell police" that the EPD says they did.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Was the first one a no knock or not? The police said they knocked/said police 3X , but the video looked like it was a no knock.

The mayor admitted while being interviewed by a a Courier & Press reporter that the knock is intended to be a distraction and not a prompt to answer the door (supposing that they did so at all, which is at best debatable). In the best case, it is like honoring a requirement for a verbal warning and a warning shot by shooting the person, yelling 'stop!' and then firing a warning shot.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I am a law-abiding citizen, to the degree that the law is reasonable and Constitutional.
    To the degree that ANYONE attempts to raid my home, I am instantly not a law-abiding citizen.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Can anyone find any info about the warrant the Feds used? None of the local media has any info on what formal charges they are holding him on and apparently he is just sitting in Henderson Co lockup at the moment. Not even in Ind anymore.

My fear would be Renditioning him to Cuba as a terrorist...

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Can anyone find any info about the warrant the Feds used? None of the local media has any info on what formal charges they are holding him on and apparently he is just sitting in Henderson Co lockup at the moment. Not even in Ind anymore.

My fear would be Renditioning him to Cuba as a terrorist...

You would think "someone" would have been told the charges. Last I checked they still have to be told what they are being charged with so at least the guy arrested knows - or should unless of course they are charging him under some anti-terrorism thing in which case he very well could be held indefinitely without being charged.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You would think "someone" would have been told the charges. Last I checked they still have to be told what they are being charged with so at least the guy arrested knows - or should unless of course they are charging him under some anti-terrorism thing in which case he very well could be held indefinitely without being charged.

Exactly. This is almost MORE disconcerting than EPD having a blank signed warrant and a SWAT team ready just waiting for a new address.

This could potentially be an attack of a free citizen to strip ALL of his rights away... Legally

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Exactly. This is almost MORE disconcerting than EPD having a blank signed warrant and a SWAT team ready just waiting for a new address.

This could potentially be an attack of a free citizen to strip ALL of his rights away... Legally

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt." - Alexander Solzhenitsyn, 'The Gulag Archipelago'

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Interesting scenario in a post 'Barnes v. State' decision and after the recent legislation giving citizens the renewed right to defend our homes against illegal police entry.

This is supposedly not an illegal entry because (hopefully) the EPD obtained a warrant prior to this action. What I want to know is how on earth a judge decided a No-Knock warrant for SWAT entry into a house with supposedly no prior issues based on an internet posting.

Police: 'Threat matrix' dictated Swat team response at Powell Avenue home » Evansville Courier & Press

The government holds free people in contempt of their rights and disregards what God has granted all of us - why should any of us be surprised by anything they do, ever?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Great post, man. I just read through it. I never had thought about how you can use a website in one state but the website's computer be another and automatically you're into interstate communication business. Interesting indeed.

Boom. Nailed it. There are several golden nuggets that show the true beast that is modern law enforcement.

Local laws not strict enough to get your man? Call in the FBI and have them use the all encompassing Interstate Commerce clause to find something illegal and charge them with a federal crime.

Need to prove a point that people shouldn't challenge the status quo legal or illegally? Rubber stamp judge search warrant with the departments descretion for No-Knock SWAT entry, oh and lets bring the news media in on it, they could use the ratings and make us look good.

Remember all of the 80's movies with guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger competing to the death on government TV designed to dull the masses and have complete control? It is becoming real before our eyes.

I'll let others have a crack at finding some more, I've done so much work on this I feel like the only kid in class with his hand up time and again when the teacher asks a question. Yes that was a common occurance when I was in school and yes I got picked on because of it... :(

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Boom. Nailed it. There are several golden nuggets that show the true beast that is modern law enforcement.

Local laws not strict enough to get your man? Call in the FBI and have them use the all encompassing Interstate Commerce clause to find something illegal and charge them with a federal crime.

Need to prove a point that people shouldn't challenge the status quo legal or illegally? Rubber stamp judge search warrant with the departments descretion for No-Knock SWAT entry, oh and lets bring the news media in on it, they could use the ratings and make us look good.

Remember all of the 80's movies with guys like Arnold Schwarzenegger competing to the death on government TV designed to dull the masses and have complete control? It is becoming real before our eyes.

I'll let others have a crack at finding some more, I've done so much work on this I feel like the only kid in class with his hand up time and again when the teacher asks a question. Yes that was a common occurance when I was in school and yes I got picked on because of it... :(

I am the kid sitting behind you in class copying your homework

Top Bottom