• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A burnt up and permanently disfigured toddler is a small price to pay for donut munchers to live out their SEAL Team 6 fantasies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The bottom line for me is this; where there are drugs there are people. People make drugs, sell drugs and use drugs.

Many drug users also make poor decisions, which may lead to kids. They end up in that environment.

Maybe police should consider that when they plan for an arrest. They run these military stile raids to justify the federal dollars and equipment they get.

I don't know what drugs were allegedly being sold there, but these tactics used to be reserved for the likes of Pablo Escobar and Manuel Noriega. Now the average citizen gets the drug lord treatment, no matter how many tiny defenseless babies might be sleeping nearby.

My issues were with both sides in this. I had to leave the thread to avoid the tempest that can be politics in ingo and that is fine as it is expected with an emotionally charged topic such as this.
    I see Benny and 88's points but will not wish death on anyone and do not see having a child in that environment as "OK". There is enough of that insanity going around with out wishing it on someone right or wrong.
    My heart just shatters when I see a child abused in any way. The parents surrounded that child in a lifestyle that under our currant legal situation puts it at risk and at risk from rival dealers. Double fail on the parents. That was my original point.
    As to LEO and their actions, fail as well. They had eyes in there prior to the raid. Stop playing tactical cowboy.
    Prohibition was not the topic. I do not feel it is the answer either.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Pardon my ignorance, perhaps someone here can fill me in.

Whats wrong with, I don't know... knocking on the door and saying, "Hey, we've got a warrant for your arrest." A couple cops out back incase someone tries to run, have a couple out front. If they slam the door in your face, then go in and get them. The SWAT units are already decked out in gear to protect them that would make some of our soldiers jealous. Seems much safer for both the officers and for those they're after.

What bugs me the most about this, is we pay for this **** with our tax dollars and most reasonable people would likely disagree with no-knock tactics as they put both officers and those they're out to arrest as well as innocent people in great risk. We should be able to, at a local level, decide how we want those who we employ to 'protect' us when a very reasonable alternative exists. Also, the ability to impeach individual officers would be nice too, instead of leaving things up to internal reviews by their buddies and co-workers when they **** up greatly. If there is great enough demand from the locale that they serve to have them removed from a job, they should be removed from it. Case closed. Ideally it would create more 'model police officers' that actually serve and protect their community.

Article didn't specify what drugs they were selling and that the cops purchased undercover, and I'll say that I think some drug offenses should be harsher than others while others should be decriminalized but I can't think of any drug that would justify this action. They're going to leave the house sometime, either to re-up on supply or to get groceries or to... whatever people do outside of their homes. Perfect opportunity there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ah, you guys are a bunch of pussies. Let the alphas handle these drug terrorists and leave you pansy asses to your tactical knitting. Maybe now the mauled little ****er will think twice before getting into the high crime life of drugs.

Purple is for pussies.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Drugs were in the house, yes.

Who were the ones that harmed the child?

Rival gang? Crap, how do I even answer my own question.

Where does it say that? I scanned through the source link in Police State's story and found no mention of an arrest or whether anything was found.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    How come we never hear about no-knock raids involving the arrest of white collar criminals?

Because the SWAT teams can't climb the tall security fences surrounding their lavish manors, and we've not yet allocated the resources for the armored helicopter/tank/t-rex dinosaur hybrid vehicles they so desperately need to carry out such an operation!

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It says it in Rambone's OP.

But it doesn't really matter, even if there weren't any drugs before they busted in, there sure as hell were drugs before they left.

Right, 'the door they bought the dope out of.' But was the guy who sold them the dope there? Did they arrest him? Were any drugs found? If only we had persons who had a career to ask these sorts of questions and inform the public of the answers in an unbiased fashion . . .

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Right, 'the door they bought the dope out of.' But was the guy who sold them the dope there? Did they arrest him? Were any drugs found? If only we had persons who had a career to ask these sorts of questions and inform the public of the answers in an unbiased fashion . . .

How much "dope" they seized is irrelevant, frankly. Its the kind of detail that someone uses to justify this evil. Free people don't get raided in their homes over inanimate objects.

Even if they walked out of the house with the person they came for, the whole operation from top to bottom is an example of government oppression.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Acceptance by the populace of that level of force hasn't yet extended to white collar crimes completely. But they're trying it. Dynamic entry for a student loan default.

give it time.

Because the SWAT teams can't climb the tall security fences surrounding their lavish manors, and we've not yet allocated the resources for the armored helicopter/tank/t-rex dinosaur hybrid vehicles they so desperately need to carry out such an operation!

They jumped a 6-foot fence fence in a pre-dawn raid against a woman suspected of Medicare fraud. :patriot:

Exclusive: Dawn Military-Style Police Raid Leaves Meek Grandmother Angry, Humiliated

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    How much "dope" they seized is irrelevant, frankly. Its the kind of detail that someone uses to justify this evil. Free people don't get raided in their homes over inanimate objects.

Even if they walked out of the house with the person they came for, the whole operation from top to bottom is an example of government oppression.

I agree with you. As best I can tell they guy they were after wasn't even there. The fact that they're NOT talking about what they did or did not find tells me they found nothing. That's why it's important. Not only did they hurt a kid, it looks like they went in for BS reasons.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Top Bottom