• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    The war on drugs will never completely go away. Drugs will always be illegal on some level, or, at least, under certain circumstances. So "legalize it, dude!" is not a sensible outlook on this one. It should be legal, and eventually I think Colorado will show us impressive reductions in crime. Although, Colorado still wont be free of these raids.

the issue has very little to do with drugs.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'll repeat the statement I made in the first page. This team was wrong, now it's known on many levels. Safe and acceptable practice is to lay a bang just inside of the door, not toss it into a room. This is intended specifically to prevent this type of thing from occurring. If a bang is needed at a window it should be attached to a pole so control of where it detonates is maintained, again to prevent this type of thing from happening. We do not utilize bangs (NFDD - noise flash diversionary devices) if we have any indication that there are children in the house (absent hostage rescue) and a situation would have to be critical if they were to be used with elderly or handicapped inside.

As as I've said before, there are many teams that just shouldn't be.

:+1:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Kinda juvenile to post what should be private.
    So is using the rep system to say what is otherwise prohibited.

What's that saying about it's not what you do when people are watching it's what you do when they're not that defines a person? Something along those lines anyway.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Apparently, this team has a history. They murdered an innocent pastor in 2009. They skated on that one and will skate on this one, too. Disgusting.

Drug task force that burned a toddler this week also killed an innocent pastor in 2009

Yikes.

They pulled up behind him in an unmarked black SUV. Armed agents dressed in street clothes then rushed Ayers’s car. He put his car in reverse and attempted to escape. In the process, he nicked one agent. Another then opened fire, killing him. Ayers told hospital staff was that he thought he was being robbed. His reported last words were, “Who shot me?”

Of course he tried to escape, who wouldn't do the same if a car full of regular looking people approached you with guns drawn? Sadly he didn't reverse over every single one of them and cripple them with the weight of his car.

Ayers had no drugs in his car or in his system, and there was no evidence he was using or distributing anything illegal. Still, local law enforcement officials tried to smear him. They first said he was part of their drug investigation all along, then retracted. The woman the police were following initially said in an interview that Ayers was counseling her and helping her kick her drug habit. Later, while facing criminal charges for a separate incident, she changed her story and claimed that Ayers had been paying her for sex.

Haha. Willing to bet she was 'persuaded' to change her story later. "Make us look good and we'll give you one hell of a deal to help you out in return."

As it turns out, Officer Billy Shane Harrison, the cop who shot Ayers, hadn’t taken the series of firearms training classes required for his certification as a police officer. It gets worse. It turns out that Harrison also had received zero training in the use of lethal force. He wasn’t authorized to make arrests or to carry a gun. Yet somehow he had been given a position on a narcotics task force, a position that not only gave him a gun but put him in volatile, high-stakes situations where he might be tempted to use it. Abigail Ayers’s lawsuit also alleged that Harrison and Officer Chance Oxner, who initially bought the drugs from the woman Ayers was counseling, had a history of disciplinary problems, including use of illicit drugs.

Jeeze, man. The firearm training requirements for LEO is already pretty lax considering a regular gun enthusiast likely spends a ton more time at the range than your average officer, but to have zero training is insane. Sounds like it was a team of corrupt punk ass cops. A history if disciplinary problems including the use of drugs? Haha. Sounds like the type of person to bust you for XX amount of drugs and only X amount makes it to the evidence locker and in the report.

Perhaps we shouldn’t be all that surprised that a sheriff who sees drug suspects as “terrorists” also oversees a drug task force that has now killed an innocent pastor and burned a two-year-old child.

It's clear who the real 'terrorists' is, and it's not the victims of these procedures, it's those carrying them out. Scumbags.

This is why the communities they serve should be able to call for their heads.. errr, well, at least their jobs.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I make no claim of maturity. But I will say it and own it and not get all upset when it's pointed out.

If the shoe quoted above fits, wear it. If not, don't. It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the cops that started throwing flash bangs in cribs. For the record, I'd always read your posts as being "one of the good ones" on matters like this.

guess not.

I'm sure Phylo will sleep warmly tonight knowing that you like him (or did). I don't know which of the Officers who post here as the "bad ones", but I think, considering how little any of them has to gain by posting their opinions on this forum, I think I get something of value from all of them. Sure, some more than others, but more often than not, we get a good insight that we wouldn't get otherwise. And considering the tone of many threads and posts here (I've made more than a few), most of the cops show pretty decent restraint.

(and no, I have no speeding tickets that need fixing)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'll repeat the statement I made in the first page. This team was wrong, now it's known on many levels. Safe and acceptable practice is to lay a bang just inside of the door, not toss it into a room. This is intended specifically to prevent this type of thing from occurring. If a bang is needed at a window it should be attached to a pole so control of where it detonates is maintained, again to prevent this type of thing from happening. We do not utilize bangs (NFDD - noise flash diversionary devices) if we have any indication that there are children in the house (absent hostage rescue) and a situation would have to be critical if they were to be used with elderly or handicapped inside.

As as I've said before, there are many teams that just shouldn't be.
    I was going to describe the proper deployment of a "bang" as taught to me, but it has already been done. Def-Tec, ALS, and other companies all say do not "toss or throw" but rather lay it or maybe even roll it into the target area. We were taught approximately 1 meter inside the doorway, and to more roll or slide it across rather than pull pin and aim for the cheap seats!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was going to describe the proper deployment of a "bang" as taught to me, but it has already been done. Def-Tec, ALS, and other companies all say do not "toss or throw" but rather lay it or maybe even roll it into the target area. We were taught approximately 1 meter inside the doorway, and to more roll or slide it across rather than pull pin and aim for the cheap seats!
    "Tossing" it seems to be more of a movie/TV move that some imitate.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    "Tossing" it seems to be more of a movie/TV move that some imitate.

"Kobe!"

Kobe_Bryant_Free_Throw.jpg

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am wondering why on earth they would take the word of a snitch to get a no knock warrant in the first place. Is a snitch not a liar by definition? I would love to see a transcript of that CI's interview. Did they ask him if there any children in the home? They said he bought drugs at that door but did he go inside or stand outside the door? Did the police not trouble themselves to check the story of this snitch at all?
    This is just one of many problems with using a snitch. Police are paid to do police work, not bribe bad guys to tattle on other bad guys. The slightest little bit of investigation could have prevented this. Now this kid will be horribly scarred and lord knows what other problems he will have because of police incompetence and/or laziness.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The laws that make drugs illegal are bull ****. The extreme tactics used by some police on citizens are bull ****. The mindset of a lot of police that everyone is a gunman and a cop killer is bull ****!
    How many cops are actualy shot and killed in the line of duty? Not many. Yeah it sucks when a true good guy lays it all down for us. It truly sucks. I just am saying I don't think these harsh tactics fit the crimes they're used for. Now a killer? Sure! Go in heavy.

even though I think all drugs should be legal (not that I agree with using them), these parents are ****ing stupid pieces of **** for dealing drugs in a house with kids!! Druggies kill drug dealers! Other dealers kill dealers. They don't care if theirs kids there.
    eliminate the clandestine drug business by legalizing them. No taxes or anything

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I just want to make sure all fully understand that this is not just a "simple" baby got burned in the face. "A baby is in a coma after taking flashbang to the face. "....yes folks, thats right COMA. As in danger of DEATH or possibly a vegetable for the rest of its life.

So we arent talking about just maiming of a toddler, we are talking about the strong possibility of a murder of a toddler.....by the police. :n00b: You certainly cant blame the toddler for being in a alleged drughouse. The parents yes but hey....it for the children, right? :sheep:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I just want to make sure all fully understand that this is not just a "simple" baby got burned in the face. "A baby is in a coma after taking flashbang to the face. "....yes folks, thats right COMA. As in danger of DEATH or possibly a vegetable for the rest of its life.
    You are right that there are serious risks for the child, it is however a medically induced coma, I believe it is done more for pain management than anything else. Now a 19 month old with a flash bang to the face could very well have brain damage, burns like this never really heal. I don't care how bad these cops may claim they feel about this, it's not as bad as this kid is going to feel.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You are right that there are serious risks for the child, it is however a medically induced coma, I believe it is done more for pain management than anything else. Now a 19 month old with a flash bang to the face could very well have brain damage, burns like this never really heal. I don't care how bad these cops may claim they feel about this, it's not as bad as this kid is going to feel.

Did they ever claim to feel bad about this? The boss sure didnt seem too

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am afraid to say it, but this stuff will continue to increase. Remember, the local sheriff in Waco stated that anytime he wanted to talk to David Koresh he would call and the they would meet at Dunkin' Donuts. Then the Feds botched a raid and murdered well over 100 women and children, burned the place to the ground and immediately brought in crawler tractors to bury all the evidence. This military style attack on citizens is way out of control. If they wanted their suspect, what ever happened to sitting at the end of the block and arrest the guy when he comes out of the house.
    I used to keep track of how many innocent people were killed by SWAT raids on the wrong houses or on errant information. It happens a couple times a month. And the Feds have just passed directives making it more difficult for veterans to own, purchase, or possess firearms and ammunition. It is almost like there is a judgement on our land by an intelligent creator who is allowing immoral leaders to oppress the masses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am afraid to say it, but this stuff will continue to increase. Remember, the local sheriff in Waco stated that anytime he wanted to talk to David Koresh he would call and the they would meet at Dunkin' Donuts. Then the Feds botched a raid and murdered well over 100 women and children, burned the place to the ground and immediately brought in crawler tractors to bury all the evidence. This military style attack on citizens is way out of control. If they wanted their suspect, what ever happened to sitting at the end of the block and arrest the guy when he comes out of the house.
    I used to keep track of how many innocent people were killed by SWAT raids on the wrong houses or on errant information. It happens a couple times a month. And the Feds have just passed directives making it more difficult for veterans to own, purchase, or possess firearms and ammunition. It is almost like there is a judgement on our land by an intelligent creator who is allowing immoral leaders to oppress the masses.

Sad to say we are doing all this to ourselves. Eric Holder all the way down the chain.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The laws that make drugs illegal are bull ****. The extreme tactics used by some police on citizens are bull ****. The mindset of a lot of police that everyone is a gunman and a cop killer is bull ****!
    How many cops are actualy shot and killed in the line of duty? Not many. Yeah it sucks when a true good guy lays it all down for us. It truly sucks. I just am saying I don't think these harsh tactics fit the crimes they're used for. Now a killer? Sure! Go in heavy.

even though I think all drugs should be legal (not that I agree with using them), these parents are ****ing stupid pieces of **** for dealing drugs in a house with kids!! Druggies kill drug dealers! Other dealers kill dealers. They don't care if theirs kids there.
    eliminate the clandestine drug business by legalizing them. No taxes or anything
    Where did it say that the parents were dealing? I only saw they were staying at the house because their's had burned.

Top Bottom