• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My thoughts exactly. I can't remember exactly what the product was, but a couple years ago there was a product for hikers coming out that sounded too good to be true. The company promising this great thing was taking pre-orders. Fast forward a year and they're getting in trouble for scamming people out of their money.

I'm not saying the SWORD is a scam, I'm just saying it raises a lot of red flags. I wouldn't be surprised if it never makes it to market.

Take your pick.

https://www.geektime.com/2017/04/19...o-avoid-being-a-victim-of-crowdfunding-fraud/

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    went to their site, looks like directional radar using some wavelength that sacks of water are transparent to but metal/plastic is not. it uses an array of antennas and computing power to turn the echo into a shape rather than a dot. It actually sounds scarily feasible. Likely on-par with things like the shot-spotter... nice concept but more promise than substance.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    went to their site, looks like directional radar using some wavelength that sacks of water are transparent to but metal/plastic is not. it uses an array of antennas and computing power to turn the echo into a shape rather than a dot. It actually sounds scarily feasible. Likely on-par with things like the shot-spotter... nice concept but more promise than substance.

Aluminized mylar in your clothes... you'll just be a homogeneous blob below your head and above your feet.

Top Bottom