• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ah, the crisp air. Reminds me of my other life as a mischeavious youth.

I was a bit of a legend in my day. Yep. Never once got caught, but had a few close calls.

Is it still thing? Never see tp hanging off trees these days. Obviously it seems a little wasteful, but for the joy it brings...

Anyone have a great story about decorating a friend or enemy's lawn?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Many years ago we had a couple kids that went on frequent TP sprees in the neighborhood. After a couple months they FINALLY got caught. Of course this was back in the day when you need not fear criminal charges for something so simple but your parents would kill you. Well, my sisters and I were not fond of said kids. So we decided to sneak out one night to TP the neighborhood. Of course, the other gets got blamed and we just knew they were severely punished.

In more recent years I was pretty close friends with my neighbors on all sides and across the street from me. We ended up getting pretty tipsy in my garage one night and one of the neighbors decided he was tired and wanted to go home. Well we didn't think that was acceptable at all. So we waited about an hour, then ambled across the street and proceeded to stick hundreds on white plastic forks in the front yard, handle down. The whole yard looked like it had little white tulips everywhere.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Someone TPd our house when I was in high school, I'm 27 so between 9-13 years ago. Also smashed the pumpkins :/

The TPing is whatever, but smashing pumpkins is just wrong.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    When I was in school, getting your house TP'd was kind of a badge of honor, a spirit thing, ya know? I remember the first time our house got it, my Mom went out and helped.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When my kids were in school, we got TP'd frequently probably because we were walking distance from the school so we were convenient....or maybe because my daughter was popular...

I really didn't like it, but I got over it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Growing up in rural, small town USA in the '70's, TP'ing was a weekend ritual in the fall (when we could get our hands on enough rolls). No one was safe from attack!

One target, our high school history teacher was our biggest rival. He always seemed to sense when we were coming and would be waiting in the shadows with his shotgun in hand. I can't recall how many times we would have to scramble through the corn stalks with the sound of rock salt, shot, etc. hitting nearby. Never did get him and to this day whenever our paths cross it brings up a good laugh.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    South side of Chicago never got TP as a prank, but there was lots of spray paint, broken glass and the ice picked tires. Occassionally a house or garage got lit on fire. I do not like any form of vandalizm, but at least long lasting, real damage is minimal with Toilet Paper.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Pretty sure the younger generation has replaced TPing with other mischievous pranks like Flash mobs, drive by shootings, and beating up homeless people...

:rolleyes:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    We used to TP a teacher's house every weekend prior to a contest or game. Know some folks that got caught and the worst punishment they ever got was having to clean up the entire mess.

The practice stopped after a rival school had several (not me) people arrested. Seems using blue and pink TP left stripes on the brick and siding of the home. I still say it was the 300 rolls and not the color...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    A bunch of my friends tp'ed my parents house when I was just out of High School... They used a whole case. You would have thought it snowed.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My parent's house was TP'ed a long time ago, that creates a hell of a mess. Another year, the cars and house got egged...again, PITA. Another year, somebody dropped hot wax all over the cars, dad was pissed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We are gonna need your address. A few us need to come and "see you". :p

Fine, but I should warn you the LGS was out of rock salt last time I went ammo shopping ;)

Seriously though... this forum is generally quite protective of personal property and despises people lurking around/sneaking around their property. But with TPing, we just excuse it because it was fun to do when we were kids. You can't excuse an action because of the intent, especially when the one who has it happen to is the one who gets to judge how to respond. I know, thread crapping...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom