• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fine, but I should warn you the LGS was out of rock salt last time I went ammo shopping ;)

Seriously though... this forum is generally quite protective of personal property and despises people lurking around/sneaking around their property. But with TPing, we just excuse it because it was fun to do when we were kids. You can't excuse an action because of the intent, especially when the one who has it happen to is the one who gets to judge how to respond. I know, thread crapping...

No problems with thread crapping. I understand how things have changed. I was feeling nostalgia from a different life and time when I posted the thread.

I certainly wouldn't be happy trying to get it out of my 40' blue spruces. Back in the day I'd just hose it out of my mom's maple trees when we got hit.

It was a thing that had unwritten rules. Mainly, never damage anything - even if - and especially, a person you didn't like very much.

Mostly my friends got my mom's house, and I'd organize a small group to get whoever was involved 3x worse, all on the same night. So they'd know who did it.

I know there are rarely TPing's going on now because people overact now more than they did 25 years ago. Things spiral out of control and it gets too serious fast.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We got caught by the cops corning once. The DRAMA! Right after youth group at church (hehe). 3+ (I remember 5 or so but stories grow with time so I'm rounding down) cop cars swarm the alleys and road like a drug bust sting operation and handcuff us all and take us in to the police station. The rub is that they were county cops and living in the longest county in the state that meant our parents had a 1/2 hr++ drive to come get us. They claimed that kids were throwing bricks from that same corner a day or so earlier and assumed it was us. In their defense it is a rough little town and that is a distinct possibility. My older brother was the only one that was 18 and in their attempt to get one of us to admit it was us the day earlier they pressured him with the thought of being able to keep him overnight "downstairs" in the slammer with some pedophiles and murderers.

Good times, good times.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We used to "Rainbow Bright" people's yards when I was in HS. 4 or 5 boxes of Fruit Loops scattered over a person's yard at night, the next day's morning dew obliterates the cereal, and for the next few weeks the victim's yard will look like a "pride" parade.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    LOL, we threw shelled corn at cars as a kid "Corning" but never corn cobs?!

When I started reading this thread I was wondering if "corning" would come up! :): We used to throw the shelled corn up on peoples' aluminum awnings (they were a "thing" back then). It would make a helluva racket! :)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Throwing the cobs!? Never heard of that.

Shelled corn won't scratch or do damage but it makes one heck of a racket on cars passing by. I've been corned while driving and it sounds like the quiet evening turned INSTANTLY into a hail storm. My first reaction was...wow, that is the reaction I was causing people! I didn't feel right about it.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    We used to go corning a lot around the neighborhood. When I was older, we drove around and corned other cars. I only threw the whole cob once, at this very annoying girl screaming at me from another car. Once, at a church function, we went corning, someone threw the cob and broke the window of a neighboring house. That didn't go well...

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    After we got out of college, my buddies and I collected all our old furniture and what not that we were going to throw away and decided to set up a living room in an unsuspecting buddy's yard. So we loaded up three trucks and set it all up one evening. It was basically a complete living room in his front yard, ouch, love seat two recliners, coffee table, even an old TV with a stand and remote. It made its ways to several yards after his before ending up being burned and hauled off to the scrap yard.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I remember getting TP'ed a lot when I was younger since my brother was involved with the football team. Wasn't bad except for the year that they snowed the yard (Imagine dumping a case of TP into a limb shredder, bagging it, and then spreading it out on a yard). I only went once in high school, tp'ed the trees, forked the yard, and wrapped the tree trunks and propane tank in bright pink and purple saran wrap. The parents suspected it was us, and called the parent (who happened to be our HS French teacher) of one of the group to try and complain and place blame etc. She said it couldn't possibly have been us, as we "never left the house that night". Her stock rose very highly amongst us for not ratting us out.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    We used to T.P. as kids, had an escape van with driver always ready, so we could load up on the go, it was great.

Sitting around a fire at a buddy's a couple weeks back, we hear 15-20 teenage girls giggling, walk down the block to find 1 house just KILLED in Charmin. I mean it was a work of art, I give respect to those girls, they put in the time on it. Porch, over the house, trees, wrapped chairs, the works. The homeowner is very OCD about his lawn, so naturally by the time I went to work Saturday morning at 0600, it was all cleaned up.

My best was as a teen, we had a friend that went on vacation on fall break (what a dummy).... We spent over 3 hours there. Had dinner on his patio, took pictures, lounged around (more pictures) threw tons and tons of t.p.... Then sent the pictures to him via email. Those were the days.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    In high school we did it all, TPd the yards and threw rolls over the roof of the house, saran wrapped and duct taped the mailbox, stuck forks and scattered shredded paper spread over the yard. We never did anything that would cause damage like bologna, eggs, etc.....Ahhhh good times.

Top Bottom