• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I recently purchased black hawk tactical, super baggy in the ass. Comfortable though. So, I go a pair of 5.11, lightweight, almost seemed a little tight in the waist, do they run small. tighter in the legs too.
    Do the propper pants fit better? I would like a fit, more like a military pant. Any suggestions?

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I agree because if it were me I'd be crapping in them anyway.

here ya go!
    tactical_dek.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been considering this lately as well because I really miss the utility of cargo pants. My problem is that I work in an office and I need something that looks professional as well. I've been considering some BDU style pants, but in the flat tan color. We'll see.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    check out the lapolicegear.com operator pants. I have been wearing these for work and work at home for years now and they are some tough pants. The pockets are great, roomy, and strong. The colors stay great even after washing multiple times per week (wear them every day for work) and they are TOUGH. The really nice thing is they are only 19 bucks a pair and come in many colors. Just my input on what I have found for tactical pants.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    check out the lapolicegear.com operator pants. I have been wearing these for work and work at home for years now and they are some tough pants. The pockets are great, roomy, and strong. The colors stay great even after washing multiple times per week (wear them every day for work) and they are TOUGH. The really nice thing is they are only 19 bucks a pair and come in many colors. Just my input on what I have found for tactical pants.

Are these the ones with the elastic waist band?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I've been considering this lately as well because I really miss the utility of cargo pants. My problem is that I work in an office and I need something that looks professional as well. I've been considering some BDU style pants, but in the flat tan color. We'll see.

make sure you get the twill and not the ripstop. the ripstop stitching is painfully obvious with lighter colors and does not look "professional" at all.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I bought the tac light in 5.11 For normal pants loose, I wear 36 waist which gives extra for gun. So I should have bought those in 38 then. I wonder how the other pants fit.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I recently purchased black hawk tactical, super baggy in the ass. Comfortable though. So, I go a pair of 5.11, lightweight, almost seemed a little tight in the waist, do they run small. tighter in the legs too.
    Do the propper pants fit better? I would like a fit, more like a military pant. Any suggestions?
    I just buy the original BDU pants myself, in a solid color. The "original" tactical pants.:rockwoot:

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have a few pairs of Vertx pants. The have cargo pockets, but they are sewn differently than other companies. They look a little more professional than some of the others. To me they fit better than the 511 pants.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Where do you guys buy your clothing and gear like this? I'm assuming UScavalry.com and Brigadeqm.com are on most peoples list, but what are some others?

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    The problem with BDUs is they LOOK like BDUs. It doesn't matter what color they are, they always look frumpy.

Top Bottom