• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When I see "tactical pants" I look for weapons. I look behind them too, in case they dropped any along the way. :):

I go grey man. Levi's for me.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    check out the lapolicegear.com operator pants. I have been wearing these for work and work at home for years now and they are some tough pants. The pockets are great, roomy, and strong. The colors stay great even after washing multiple times per week (wear them every day for work) and they are TOUGH. The really nice thing is they are only 19 bucks a pair and come in many colors.

+1

I wear these in black every day for work. My only complaint is I knock the buttons off the back pockets all the time [wish it was Velcro instead]. I've owned 6 pairs for about 8 months and they are just as black today as they were on day one.

LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants

I have not owned any of the ones with the elastic waist.

I had a pair of 5.11 tactical pants and found the waist to be sized small and the black faded to a nice grey color after about a year.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Bought Proppers and did not fit right. Owned a pair of Blackhawk but purchased several pairs of 5.11's. Like them both, but will stick with Levi's 560's. :)

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I have the 5.11 Tac Lite Pro Pants, the Tru-Spec Tactical Response Uniform pants, and the LA Police Gear Operator pants. Of the three, the LAPG one's are the best in my opinion.

The 5.11's are good, but the cargo pockets are waaaayyy to small and are not gussetted. Also, they look like you are carrying a load in your pants.

The Tru Spec pants are nice, but they cost too much, and again, they look like you are carrying a load in your pants. But, as far as the pockets go, they are great because you have lots of room for stuff. I would also say that of all of them, the Tru Spec appear to be the most durable.

Finally, the LAPG Operator pants, these are my favorite. First of all, they fit really nice, you can get them with a Lower Leg Pocket, without one, with Elastic, or without. Also, $20 a pair is nice. The other thing I like about them is that they fit like a regular pair of cargo pants that you would buy at the GAP or American Eagle, or wherever. Honestly, they look and fit very nice, you can wear them into a bar and no one would be the wiser except for a tactical minded individual. I wear these at work on Construction sites, etc., they take a beating.

LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants w/ Elastic Waistband

LA Police Gear Operator Pant w/ Lower Leg Pockets

LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants

Primordial

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    SouthEast Indiana
    I just purchased 1 pair of 5.11 TacLite Pro Pant and 2 pairs of the 5.11 Tactical Covert Cargo Pants from Lapolicegear.com. Like most reviewers have posted I noticed these pants are not true to size. But in my experience I find there's not quite a full size difference. I'm in between sizes at a 33 waist so I went with the 34. The 34 with the elastic band is perfect for me in both types of pant. I carrier a crossbreed SuperTuck with a M&P9c and find it to be very comfortable with both styles of pant.

The Only issues I can think of with the TacLite pros is the cargo pocket. Its a well placed pocket but the size of the pocket is a little smaller than I would like. I will be buying at least 2 more pair in the near future.

Issues I have with the Tactical Covert Cargo Pants..None! I work in a office setting and these pants give me the professional look with the option of carrying a lot of stuff. The size and the amount of pockets on the pant is awesome. The design of the pockets allows me to carry a lot of stuff while being completely concealed.

As far as wear and tear is concerned on either pair of these pants I cant comment on. I normally wear my pants 3 of 4 times before washing. And I have not had the chance to do anything to stringent while wearing the pant. So I guess only time will tell.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    When I see tactical pants, I think "oh look, a douchebag in the wild! someone take a picture!"

If you want to wear cargo pants, wear cargo pants.

Not some wannabe clothes.

Every TRULY dangerous man I have ever met, wears normal clothing.

Its the poseurs who play dress-up.

lapg-op-pants-002.jpg

Douchetastic.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    When I see tactical pants, I think "oh look, a douchebag in the wild! someone take a picture!"

I tend to think the same thing, but to each his own.

I have to wear this type of pant every day I work so the last place I want to wear them is on my days off.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While not a "tactical" (<-- hate that word) pant, I've been thrilled with a couple of models from Mountain Khakis, specifically the Teton and Original Mountain Pant. Durable, comfortable, and built tough in the right places. I really like the double right front pocket. It has a flat, horizontal seam that looks like it was made to carry an Emerson waved knife. The other feature I like is the mud flaps - a double layer of canvas on the heels. It adds some weight to the pant and provides extra wear resistance in that area.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wear Sig Sauer's version, ONLY on the range. I do not wear them out and about (I mean people already hate me, why give them one more reason).

I used to wear the Carhartt's blue jeans in class. The pockets were larger and they ran roomier in the groin, very handy when squatting or dropping to California kneeling.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

lapg-op-pants-002.jpg

Douchetastic.

I have a couple pairs of them there tac pants and couldnt be happier. I like the front pockets for my cell phone and my box cutter (i work in a box cutting environment). If you think that makes me a douche, i dont think i could care less.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Douchetastic.

:n00b: Seriously? wow.

Cognitive distortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a couple pairs of them there tac pants and couldnt be happier. I like the front pockets for my cell phone and my box cutter (i work in a box cutting environment). If you think that makes me a douche, i dont think i could care less.

^ this. :) Function over fashion FTW.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My work uniform consists of TruSpec 24/7s or DCU cargo pants in solid Khaki with navy blue or black shirts. The shirts have our Emergency Management logo on them. Off duty, I wear jeans or Columbia cargo pants to blend in to the background. I retired from the USAF and like the convenience of multiple cargo pockets and clothing that is heavy duty.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    That photo reminds me why I never liked TAD Gear's pants, or those from their imitators. The front of the thigh is the worst place to store a cell phone on me since I'd be on top of it when prone or subject it to all sorts of bashing when charging around amongst the trees and such.

I like pants built for rock climbing. Usually well built so the seams don't fall apart. Usually have enough give for movement without looking like the guy above's clown pants. Rusted Moon in Broad Ripple and JL Waters in Bloomington both sell decent ones. Amazingly Gander Mountain even stumbled on to Kühl pants, though I'm sure it was by accident.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

lapg-op-pants-002.jpg

Douchetastic.

Are you "truly dangerous" Dom? Well, those pants are rather baggy, I would say. I wear "tactical pants" most days at work. I am a VP of Ops for an electronics company and I love how tac pants have lots of places for me to keep equipment close at hand onsite and around the plant. I have found it you wear with company logo wear and professional looking shoes that it comes off as very utilitarian and professional looking.

As far as who might be "douchetastic", I think it would be more applicable to anyone who would apply the term to his fellow INGO'ers.;)

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I'm not tactical but I am frumpy, and practical. Therefore about all I wear is plain old BDU pants. I like the fit and utility
    Normal everyday wear is woodland. They don't look so grubbed up from working in them.
    If I don't intend to get grubby I wear gray, o.d. or khaki. But I tend to get grubby despite my best intentions, therefore I use alot of Spray N Wash.
    Usually I buy the gray, o.d. and khaki from bdu.com
    The woodland have came from numerous places.
    I've wore out piles of BDU pants over the years. When they get thin enough that they have small holes at the tops of the thigh pockets and hip pockets you are on the verge of blowing out the crotch.
    When we get new pants we use SpiderWire fishing line to resew all of the buttons. I think the line we use is the same diameter as 17# monofiliment but has 60# plus strenght. Just a few stitches of that and you'll never lose a button.
    I wish they made the adjustment tabs out of better, more durable material. We have been experimenting with that.
    I live in a small town and people just don't care or even notice what you wear.

Top Bottom