Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was responding to tactically fat. If you think that's my only problem, you may want to read the whole thread.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've read your posts for the past several years. You have many problems. :D

12670403_1031321203602371_4291116428787571523_n.jpg

:D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    So an instructor breaks the four rules and bad things happen. Unreal, I wonder which instructor it was! And what's with the ak operators Union dude sending rounds into the ground next to the people's heads!?! Yikes! I was just watching Yeager interview Clint and heide smith the other day, if they think he's ok then why shouldn't I!? Research is our friend and this stuff is what makes liberals smile.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And James refused to refund one of the students class money. Odd I thought they had a 100% happiness or your money back deal.
    With the caveat that you have to stand up and prove why in front of the class. Don't know if the guy did that or not, and also, since no one has done it before, is it subjective? Does James listen to your story and then say no, you didn't convince me, no refund for you?

I've been to more than one class that we ditched our weapon, that being said, it was CLEARED, and no stomping! I think it has a small training advantage, in that I've also been to classes that some didn't want to shoot Urban Prone, for fear of scratching their rifle or pistol in the gravel. Also been to classes where, since it was a little muddy, people didn't want to go prone, so they didn't dirty their car/truck on the way home!?!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So an instructor breaks the four rules and bad things happen. Unreal, I wonder which instructor it was! And what's with the ak operators Union dude sending rounds into the ground next to the people's heads!?! Yikes! I was just watching Yeager interview Clint and heide smith the other day, if they think he's ok then why shouldn't I!? Research is our friend and this stuff is what makes liberals smile.

Gunny Highway approved:

[video=youtube;oIv_RrgCfWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIv_RrgCfWs[/video]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

He uses heuristic. I think I'm in love.

Ok Kirk, I seriously didn't think someone would say "no danger" while discussing this. You win.

Of course he was going to say "no danger". When you are on record condoning reckless behavior, you have to be all in.

Stomping on guns is full onset stupidity. The problem is that Tommy Tacticals have painted themselves in a corner with saying that the Four Rules are old and busted this allows them to market stupidity as cutting edge training.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I didn't want to let you down, Kirk. I know it's weird for you to watch people with guns out of their holsters but sometimes it happens.

I understand. If anyone is going to defend stomping on guns for no sane reason, I knew I could count on the Inshallah INGOers.

Guns out of holsters is fine, as long as it is the right time. I want to be dangerous, but only at the right time.

Stomping on guns in the dust of California is NOT the right time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not once in infantry training did we ever though our M16s (a mix of A1s and A2s) on the ground and stomp on them. I feel cheated. Strangely, we learned about weapon cleaning and maintenance, marksmanship and small unit tactics, but no stomping.

Honestly, once running a bayonet course I fell off the top of a wall with my M7 bayonet pointing at me (yes, I know, 4 rules) and flung the whole thing as far as I could lest I become ventilated, but oddly, rather than garner me praise for demonstrating that my rifle...and bayonet, were only tools, it earned me pushups and flutter kicks...and a couple of more trips through the course.

Little did I know that the most tactical thing I ever did was that inelegant fall from the wall.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I think there's a lot of wisdom in this. Because in all likelihood any real shooting we're going to get involved in one day WILL have friendlies all around. Think of where you go-banks, Walmart, restaurants, parking lots. It's darned hard to find a "down range" in the real world. Or, the whole world is "down range", depending on your perspective.

That's not what I was taught, if you weren't wearing the Color of the day you were shot dead, even if we knew you weren't involved, you were still considered a collaborator.. :dunno:

Top Bottom