• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    So, I got this desire for a tomahawk and would like to keep it under $100. Now I know that the possibilities are almost but not quite endless. Does anyone have a favorite? Is there one that meets all duties head on or will suffice in just about any situation? I keep going back to the SOG but there are others that appear to be pretty sweet. What about it INGO family? any thoughts?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm convinced the handles are unbreakable. I've layed mine from a curb to the street, and drove over it with my truck. I've thrown it, bounced it off concrete, etc... They're incredible.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    So, I got this desire for a tomahawk and would like to keep it under $100. Now I know that the possibilities are almost but not quite endless. Does anyone have a favorite? Is there one that meets all duties head on or will suffice in just about any situation? I keep going back to the SOG but there are others that appear to be pretty sweet. What about it INGO family? any thoughts?

My wife surprised me with the SOG fast hawk. For a cheap hawk I am pretty impressed by it. The only down fall is the sheath dosnt allow you to carry it from your belt. Your only option is to either tie it or put it inside a pack.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Has anyone tried one of the Ontario Ranger RD Hawks?

Amazon.com: Ontario 9423BM Ranger RD Hawk (Black): Sports & Outdoors

1779_1_.jpg

Last edited:

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Out of pure curiosity, what do want a hawk for? Will it have a specific task you have in mind or do you want one for "just in case"? Or do you want one just because they look cool? Tomohawks are tools and they generally are job specific.

hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Out of pure curiosity, what do want a hawk for? Will it have a specific task you have in mind or do you want one for "just in case"? Or do you want one just because they look cool? Tomohawks are tools and they generally are job specific.

For just in case or whatever I may find I need it for. I never gave much thought to the cool factor.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I keep reading that certain Tomahawks are made for the military and are carried today by our troops. Is that really true? Any vets out there who carried hawks or knew someone who did/does?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I carried a RMJ shrike all over afghanistan. when I left a SF buddy of mine told me he wanted it. I left it with him and said the only requirement was that he pass it on to another trigger puller before he rotated home. We kept track of it for 4 rotations before we finally didn't get the next guys name.

they are amazing tools. so many uses. I can't find the busse kill devil sniper hawk review but it was done by a navy seal who carried it around all over afghanistan. here are some cool videos. to show the abuse they can stand up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osa9eT5MJlQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oshNZV63oc8

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    A quick google search showed these are actually made by Daniel Winkler and at over $600 each not within my budget but they are sweet.

Where'd you find a Winkler for $600? I thought they were over $700 all day?

Then again, haven't looked at them in a while.

Over budget, but RMJ is the way to go. Or one of the Swamp Rats but the Rattlehawk is IMO a Kestral/Eagle copy.

Top Bottom