• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im looking for a take down gun in a cheap caliber to shoot. The gun needs to fit in my backpack so I can carry it to a range on my bicycle and not freak out the masses. Someone suggested putting a empty camber indicator on a ar or and other rifle I could see this still being a issue tho.
    max lenght can be around 20in broken apart.
    Pistols dont count as getting a ltch may be a issue becuase of having to see a pysch as a kid.

I have already seen the ar-7 and like it just I was wondering if there was something more accurate for range work.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    You are kidding, right? You are going to ride a bicycle to a range with a long gun in a backpack? Are you not old enough to drive or did you lose your license?

But on to your question, an ar-7 would fit the bill for what you want.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You are kidding, right? You are going to ride a bicycle to a range with a long gun in a backpack? Are you not old enough to drive or did you lose your license?

But on to your question, an ar-7 would fit the bill for what you want.

Basically I'm blind and can't get a drivers license

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have both a Marlin Papoose and Keltec Sub2000 plus a Stevens 620 takedown shotgun. I can stuff all three in a bag or backpack with my Glock 17, magazines, brick of 22lr and box of shotgun shells and have a considerable amount of concealable, long-gun-fun firepower.

All I need now is a Browning BLR takedown in 308 and I will have the whole set (in my mind that is). Shotgun, carbine, plinker, long range rifle.

abmears

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I'm not sure how it shoots. But the Henry survival rifle has always appealed to me as being compact and easy to carry around.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I love those high cal take downs and eventually will have them especally now I know a 50bmg is only 32in in takedown

Im planning my collection around just take down rifles.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Sub2k.

Having seen a psych shouldn't be an issue, unless you were committed. You may need a letter of explanation, and it might take a bit longer, but you can get it. Oh, and you don't need a LTCH to go to the range anymore. That ended July 1.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Sub2k.

Having seen a psych shouldn't be an issue, unless you were committed. You may need a letter of explanation, and it might take a bit longer, but you can get it. Oh, and you don't need a LTCH to go to the range anymore. That ended July 1.

I havent seen the pysch for over 8 years so no records and they would no longer know me plus being a kid, so i would have to get another eval which i really cant afford as it would be around 1k i thought. I would get one as technically the gun is still on my person in the backpack. Also pistols arent that great at 25+ yds anyways.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I havent seen the pysch for over 8 years so no records and they would no longer know me plus being a kid, so i would have to get another eval which i really cant afford as it would be around 1k i thought. I would get one as technically the gun is still on my person in the backpack. Also pistols arent that great at 25+ yds anyways.

it ain't the gun it's the guy pulling the trigger.

http://youtu.be/zFd3kF6LHz4

Top Bottom