Talk me off the ledge folks! (not you hoosierdoc, you're worse off than me)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I almost punched a dentist once. Kept talking about golf while doing a root canal. I wanted to tell him to STFU and pay attention to what he's doing, though of course I couldn't talk. But that isn't when I almost punched him. It was on a subsequent visit when we discovered that he botched the root canal. So I suppose that might have been stressful to that dentist.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I wasn't surprised to see police officers on the list, but I would have thought they would be higher on the list. I was surprised to see Doctors and Dentists as 1 and 2. Would never have guessed it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I thought you could be an agent, but only a "realtor" if you belonged to the national association?
    Correct, but being a Realtor doesn't negate agent status. Agent denotes licensed by state to practice real estate. Realtor denotes agent that is a member of NAR. And if I could, I would leave NAR in a heartbeat, but I can't be a member of the local board without membership. And it's practically impossible to practice without being in the board.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's nonsense. Strong electromagnetic fields are only present at higher voltages (think: transmission lines). The average electrician isn't exposed to any higher electromagnetic fields than the average mailman.
    I'm starting to worry about hornadylnl.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's nonsense. Strong electromagnetic fields are only present at higher voltages (think: transmission lines). The average electrician isn't exposed to any higher electromagnetic fields than the average mailman.

If you have a good digital amp probe you can see the field around an electric motor with it. It is there. Not at a damaging level but it is there.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The list seems warped.
    Maybe the occupations select out folks who are more prone to suicide, perhaps, because they may have more difficulty dealing with stress.
    I think 88GT is on to something here. Couldn't give you more rep.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    If you have a good digital amp probe you can see the field around an electric motor with it. It is there. Not at a damaging level but it is there.

No argument. Transformers generate an electromagnetic field also. That's how they work. But as you said, not strong enough to be damaging.

Maybe all the electricians are offing themselves because they have to work with tin knockers all day.:):

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    [h=2]FIFY

Talk me off the ledge folks! (not you hoosierdoc, you're worse off than I [am])[/h]"............than me (am) sounds wrong. I do it by sound, not by grammar. Me is bad at diagramming a sentence....

Wait wait yer a mod ain'tcha. Nevermind....

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    [h=2]Talk me off the ledge folks![/h]
    Which way? JUMP! JUMP! or "You don't really want to do this...? I could go either way.

Top Bottom