• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's see if I can talk you [strike]out[/strike] into a Deagle.

Well it's used by such badasses like:

Mickey Rourke, Year of the Dragon - The first use of the deagle in a motion picture back in 1985!
    Arnold Schwarzenegger, Commando
    Rowdy Roddy Piper, They Live
    Mike Myers, Goldmember
    Pamela Anderson, Barb Wire
    Nathan Fillion, Firefly
    Hugo Weaving, The Matrix
    Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus, Boondock Saints II

Games like Tomb Raider, Hitman, SOCOM, Duke Nukem, Counter-Strike, Far Cry... Anime like Akira, Elfen Lied, Angel Beats, Madoka Magica, Ghost in the Shell...

Then you can look at the Baby Deagle... the Jericho 941... used by none other than Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop.

Enjoy your new Deagle, OP.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    First time I saw it was on The Equalizer. Shotgun News ran a blurb about it which caught my attention.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ok how’s about these little facts
    ammo is between 40 and 50 a box OF 25ROUNDS!!!
    if and I say IF you reload just remember full or semi jacketed bullets only no lead

now for the pros!
    imagine you pull that beast out at the range and everyone’s eyes popping open to the size of dinner plates when you pull the trigger!
    imagine the look on the gunshop owners face when you ask for a “shoulder holster” for a 50 cal desert eagle?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    ...imagine the look on the gunshop owners face when you ask for a “shoulder holster” for a 50 cal desert eagle?

Their look will be towards the wall full of Uncle Mikes lol...

I'm pretty the same holster that fits a 40/45 Hi-Point, will also fit the Desert Eagle!! (<<-- sarcasm only, not 100% sure if true)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think a .50GI 1911 would give the Deagle a run for its money. Much more class too.

Jim Lucas carries one.

I wasn't familiar with this caliber so I just looked that up and it just looks like an obese .45 ACP. The .50AE ballistics **** all over it right after ****ing it's girlfriend and making it watch. I also already own a 10mm 1911, not much room for improvement.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ok how’s about these little facts
    ammo is between 40 and 50 a box OF 25ROUNDS!!!
    if and I say IF you reload just remember full or semi jacketed bullets only no lead

now for the pros!
    imagine you pull that beast out at the range and everyone’s eyes popping open to the size of dinner plates when you pull the trigger!
    imagine the look on the gunshop owners face when you ask for a “shoulder holster” for a 50 cal desert eagle?

Those must be LGS prices. I can find it all day for about a buck a round and even found it for less.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I wasn't familiar with this caliber so I just looked that up and it just looks like an obese .45 ACP. The .50AE ballistics **** all over it right after ****ing it's girlfriend and making it watch. I also already own a 10mm 1911, not much room for improvement.

Vivid imagination you have there.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Really?

taif30t.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Their look will be towards the wall full of Uncle Mikes lol...

I'm pretty the same holster that fits a 40/45 Hi-Point, will also fit the Desert Eagle!! (<<-- sarcasm only, not 100% sure if true)

ok funny story!!!

I owned a 357 desert eagle, and I had a shoulder holster for it, it was an uncle mikes that had the de logo embroidered on it!, and I did carry it once...ONCE!, when I took it off, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders (my only other handgun at the time was a ruger p85, that had to go back to ruger for the "curse")

I had to drive from eville to Vincennes and back (my sister was at vu and needed a ride home) all I did was drive and when I got home, it felt like one shoulder was lower than the other due to the 5 ton pistol that I carried!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Strangely enough, the .50s are the lightest going up an ounce as you go down in caliber. I assume that even though the OG Desert Eagle was designed as a .357, the subsequent models we're designed on the .50 and the lesser calibers simply weigh more because less metal is bored out in the bbl. Whereas other manufacturers will generally step back down to a frame and design up for caliber changes, Mag. Research was like "**** that noise, just cut a smaller pew pew hole"

They also make the L5 which are lighter than the regular Mark XIX at about 3 lbs empty. Still heavy as hell lol.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Since this is just gonna be a range toy and I fully embrace the sheet ridiculousness of this thing, I'm strongly considering having this done eventually

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    So do you apparently. To think the GI is fit to be mentioned in the same breath as the AE. It even somehow costs more
    :laugh:

You asked to be talked out of a deagle, not for a ballistically comparable caliber. To that end, i stand by my argument: the 1911 is a much lighter and easier to carry gun than a deagle, not to mention looking better, and having one in .50GI could still give that "wow" factor. As far as the cost of the .50GI, I didn't think that was a concern, given that you're considering a deagle...

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    ok funny story!!!

I owned a 357 desert eagle, and I had a shoulder holster for it, it was an uncle mikes that had the de logo embroidered on it!, and I did carry it once...ONCE!, when I took it off, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders (my only other handgun at the time was a ruger p85, that had to go back to ruger for the "curse")

I had to drive from eville to Vincennes and back (my sister was at vu and needed a ride home) all I did was drive and when I got home, it felt like one shoulder was lower than the other due to the 5 ton pistol that I carried!

Try it again with a good brand name shoulder holster that is adjusted & fitted properly (maybe Galco for starters, not sure if they have anything for a deagle though)

You might be suprised what you can comfortably (relative term) carry.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I didn't say it but I wanted a ridiculous "range toy" and I thought maybe this thread would convince me it wasn't even good at that but it actually pretty much confirmed that it's probably one of the best examples you can buy of such a thing. Lol.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the GI probably lacks a lot of the fun of a DE in a cartridge that's somehow even less practical and even more expensive.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Haha. I've watched a bunch of his videos where he shoots random objects working his way up through calibers to 50BMG, haven't seen this one yet.

Top Bottom