Talk me out of it... Tell me I'd be sorry...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There is no reason to keep it if you can get something newer. Our guns are the only thing we can trade, knowing another one exits that can be had in the future. Get rid of it and relieve the burn of the "Itis" that has its hold on you, by getting that new-to-you gun. You know you want to do it, so make it happen! :yesway:

:ingo:ITIS...it burns until relieved!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Know what's even worse?

MontereyC6 had money to wave under my nose this morning. He's seen this thread and is trying VERY hard to talk me out of that M&P9c...

Grrrr...

I think I'd regret letting either of those pistols go, though.... *sigh*

Oh, come on.... I offer you a VERY fair price, you know you want to sell it.....

I'm certain that you'd regret getting rid of the 9c...

Oh, shut it! :D

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Once again, I've got "trade-itis".

You see, not too terribly long ago, I sold my Ruger GP-100 .357.

I now maybe kind of regret that.

I have a S&W M&P9fs and an M&P9c.

Tell me it'd be wrong to trade or sell the 9c for a .357....

I'm nervous I'll do something rash. :n00b: :laugh:

When you eliminate the emotional aspect of your decision, it will be apparent what you need to do. Just ask yourself, "What specific purpose does each of your guns serve?" If you have a redundancy, then you can trade one of those without any worries of regret. IE, If your 9c is suited for a job that only it can do, perhaps concealed carry, then don't get rid of it. If you have a limited amount of cash, like most of us, then pick your tools of the trade accordingly.

If you later have some extra cash, then pick up the wants. For now, address your Needs. Hope that helps. It keeps me sane and out of the poor house.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Save your pennies. Buy more. If you wait, you can find usually find a solid deal on a .357 pretty regularly.

But I'll give either of your M&P pistolas a fine home.

Also, if you can't afford it... STEAL it.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Why did you sell the GP-100 that you had? If you decided that you didn't need it at the time, why do you need one now, at the expense of your 9c?

And what role does the M&P 9c have in your collection? If you carry it at all, then you will miss it if you sell it or trade it away for something that doesn't fill that role as well. You are going to want to replace the 9c, so you might as well save up for the .357 instead of selling the 9c, buying the .357, then realizing what a doofus you were for selling your 9c, so you have to save up again to replace it.

It's a vicious cycle. Trust me, I've been there. And the only cause for it is impatience. If you've got unlimited funds for guns, then that's different. But if you HAVE to trade or sell a gun to get another one, you have to ask yourself if you NEED the new gun, or if you are acting on emotion.

I think it's a good idea to have a nice .357 in one's collection, but if wouldn't trade one of my carry guns for one. I honestly only have one role for a .357 revolver, and that's as a home defense gun for my wife, who doesn't care for semiautomatics. For that, she's got a Ruger GP-100 in the drawer.

I can't imagine not having a compact 9mm for EDC, and there's nothing like having one that is the same platform as your full size gun. The ability to use the same mags as your full size gun is a big plus. I have a 9c that I carry often, and an M&P 9 Pro Series 5" for home defense/zombies. I wouldn't part with either one, especially for a wheelgun. Those 2 guns are the backbone of what I call "guns that I NEED."

Never sell or trade a gun that you like, even to get another gun that you like. After losing money on gun trades, buying and selling for years, I'm just learning that rule. :)

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    ummmmmm 1 reason. i have about 3 friends I could call right now that would be more than glad to take those off your hands. At a reduced price that is lol. I have found if you really have to think about it then don't do it.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    I'm a wheelgun man. A good wheelgun will never let you down, jam or need 2 hands to use. When stressed or scared, I don't need to remember if something is in the chamber or is the safety on..I just aim and sqeeze until I hear a buch of clicks instead of booms...This makes the revolver the last one to trade, but trading the semi's for semi's...like dating different types of women, it's all good..just don't tell the wheelgun/wife...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That's just the thing...

I really don't "have" trade fodder.

I've really pared down my meager collection to what it is. I sold/traded away everything that I didn't shoot / "duplicates" and what-not. I rarely shot the GP-100, so I sold it. That's the one thing that I've owned in the past, and there have been several, that I'd like back. *sigh*

I do carry the 9c quite a bit. My airweight revolver gets the nod most of the time, though, due to ease of concealing.

The 9FS is the only full-sized pistol that I own. The 9c is little brother...carry pistol. Airweight for deeper concealment. Ruger .22 for plinking / target / suppressor host. 10/22 for plinking / future suppressor host. 18" 12ga pump just because... AK-74 pattern rifle is my only centerfire. Then there's grandpa's guns, but those aren't up for sale/or trade.

The full-size revolver is the niche that I HAD filled...but don't any longer. Doh!

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I wouldn't be able to live without a revolver of some kind. I carry my S&W 19 most of the time and shoot it or another revolver on each range trip. I'm not a huge proponent of trading though. Unless you can get a great deal. I wouldn't trade and lose a bit on the value just to have something different.

Top Bottom