• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Damn. What a tragedy.

I had my own Tannerite accident. (Despite what they might say, it is flammable.)

Prayers to the boy's family.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People playing with **** they don't know anything about. Just because you can buy it at the store doesn't mean it's not dangerous.
    the idiots that do stupid **** are gonna get it banned for the rest of us.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Childhood stupidity

I was just reading a post in another area where the 22 year old accidentally killed his little cousin. I am sure some people are gonna come down hard on this kid, and how hard his life will be knowing he killed his cousin.....but it got me to thinking of some dumb things I done as a kid and how many times I endangered myself or others doing stupid stuff. It's a 1,000 wonders how I or others were not hurt in those days.

Was me and my buddies the only idiots back then or were you guys doing the same silly stuff?

Like hooking an inner tube behind a car in a blizzard, taking a buddy around a curve at 40MPH and forgetting about the telephone pole, dam near killed the kid! Or getting drunk and sinking a boat with no life jacket and a goose feather coat on...I sunk and was going to drown until a buddy came in, dived down and pulled me to shore(shout out to Chris Hilt). My coat zipper was stuck, I was trying to get it off me and couldnt, it sunk me like an anchor. Or the time Deputy Clark Fine nearly blew my head off thinking I was robbing a house(I learned that day you don't go for your drivers license in your back pocket until asked).

I can go on and on about close calls because of stupidity....I couldn't have been the only one, was I?

Let's hear some of your guys stupidity moments as young people clowning around.....

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Seems I never had any natural talent with explosives; could never get anything to blow up. I learned my lesson, though. Now stuff blows up real good.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    The word tragic just doesn't adequately express this event. It sickens me to think of what this little guy must have had to endure before his death.

All adults involved with this deserve a tannerite enema.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Since the thread was merged, I don't think this post fits in with the tone of the thread any longer, so I am removing it.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thankfully I led a fairly sheltered life...

Some of the dumbest things I did were driving like an idiot, speeding, swerving in and out of traffic, just because my buddies were getting a good kick out of it. Speeding just to see how fast my car would go. When I got a new car I had to see how fast it would go vs. the old one...

That being said, I didn't drink in high-school, nor go out and cause a ruckus. As a matter of fact, some of the stupidest things my group of friends did were on nights I wasn't present because they knew I wouldn't have a part in some of their shenanigans (like driving around town shooting paintball guns at random innocent people).

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Too many stupid things to even mention! Some of the ones above made me laugh, as they are similar to some of the stuff I've done. Looking back, I wasn't cute, smart or funny. And yes I could have killed myself or others. I can't believe there's a person alive who hasn't done something stupid and dangerous.
    One time driving with my sister, I pulled over and asked a hitchhiker if he needed a ride. When he said yes, I said, "ok, just checking" and drove off. I snuck into my abusive ex-boyfriend's house (actually his mom's house) to reclaim some of my stuff he refused to return, and he showed up unexpectedly. I may or may not have driven a motorcycle drunk :rolleyes:. Snuck into a stone quarry with a bunch of other teenagers one night and got drunk, and almost drowned when someone threw me in, and my clothes and shoes filled up with water...and I'm a good swimmer! Went sledding behind a car. jumped off a shed roof into a swimming pool. Drove my car across a creek. Returned to the scene of an accident I was in the night before (I wasn't the driver) to look for the booze we threw out into a cornfield. numerous stupid tricks on horseback. letting someone tow my bicycle with a moped did not end well...
    The article about the little boy losing his life is extremely sad, and I don't mean to belittle it. But it irritates me too, when people act like they could never have caused an accident.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The article about the little boy losing his life is extremely sad, and I don't mean to belittle it. But it irritates me too, when people act like they could never have caused an accident.
    Not to de-rail this thread (because I'm enjoying it) but this deserves rep... some people act like they've never made a poor decision in their life... sometimes we all need a reality check.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Not to de-rail this thread (because I'm enjoying it) but this deserves rep... some people act like they've never made a poor decision in their life... sometimes we all need a reality check.

Yep. Luckily I grew up pretty quick and by 15-16 was over most of the really stupid things, but as a kid I did more than one thing that by sheer luck didn't seriously hurt or kill myself or those around me. It's never right, but I give the young and foolish a little more leeway than those who are either old enough to know better, or who keep repeating the same stupidity even when someone gets hurt.

Top Bottom