• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    This is a realllly old tale of dumb-assery, relayed to me from my grandma, about my dad when he was a young hoodlum:
    Dad and his friends thought it would be great fun to dress up a dummy in some of their old clothes and throw it in front of a car, scaring the crap out of the poor driver. Halloween time and all. Driver called the cops, and the cops noticed the dummy's shirt had initials written in permanent marker on the tag. Being a small town and all, they traced the shirt to you know who...
    Later on, I used this info to throw someone off the trail when I did my own share of Halloween shenanigans, and put someone else's initials on the old clothing...lol. (no, I didn't throw a dummy at someone's car) It turned out to be funny as h3ll, when a totally different person than who we intended, with the same initials, got accused. No police were involved or anything like that!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Now I'm confused... why did the thread about "Stupid things you've done when you were young" get combined with the thread about an 8 year old boy being killed by tannerite?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You're not the only one! At first I thought I posted in the wrong thread! :scratch:

Now I'm confused... why did the thread about "Stupid things you've done when you were young" get combined with the thread about an 8 year old boy being killed by tannerite?

I was wondering the same thing.

When I made the childhood stupidity post I was trying to not hijack the seriousness of this thread where the young man died. So I figured I would make a separate thread. The tannerite thread is what got me to wondering if I was the only one who did stupid things that endangered others as a child or young man/woman....I consider a 22 year old still a kid, I know they can die for me and fight for me and own guns and all that stuff.....but I still know how at 22 I thought I could walk thru flaming steel and nobody else knew anything, that's just how it is.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I have no words worthy enough to comfort the family of this child. If you fill a stove with tannerite, you've essentially created a giant grenade. I'll admit that sounds like a fun concept. However, any implementation of such a concept should be done from sufficient distance and from behind sufficient cover. Anything less is asking for tragedy. As for the possible regulation of tannerite due to this incident, it would be useless. The ingredients are still readily available.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was just reading a post in another area where the 22 year old accidentally killed his little cousin. I am sure some people are gonna come down hard on this kid, and how hard his life will be knowing he killed his cousin.....but it got me to thinking of some dumb things I done as a kid and how many times I endangered myself or others doing stupid stuff. It's a 1,000 wonders how I or others were not hurt in those days.

Was me and my buddies the only idiots back then or were you guys doing the same silly stuff?

Like hooking an inner tube behind a car in a blizzard, taking a buddy around a curve at 40MPH and forgetting about the telephone pole, dam near killed the kid! Or getting drunk and sinking a boat with no life jacket and a goose feather coat on...I sunk and was going to drown until a buddy came in, dived down and pulled me to shore(shout out to Chris Hilt). My coat zipper was stuck, I was trying to get it off me and couldnt, it sunk me like an anchor. Or the time Deputy Clark Fine nearly blew my head off thinking I was robbing a house(I learned that day you don't go for your drivers license in your back pocket until asked).

I can go on and on about close calls because of stupidity....I couldn't have been the only one, was I?

Let's hear some of your guys stupidity moments as young people clowning around.....

No sir. You are not alone in this. Not at all.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have seen many videos overseas of our guys blowing stuff up and not taking cover, rocks and shapnel flying by. It is serious stuff, it is only a matter of time before it gets banned, buy it while you can...

Top Bottom