• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    What are the figures on annual deaths due to poisoning by household chemicals. Basically any substance or device that serves some ostensible use in the domicile is not viewed by the media and Shannon Watts as a dangerous thing, no matter how many people--esp. children--it kills or maims. But if it's firearm-related, Katy bar the door as the panic-mongers trip over each other to get headlines and donations.

Do any of these folks ever use the R-word? (responsibility)

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The idiotic thinking of the liberals never ceases to amaze me. A few years ago a very good friend and I were quaffing a couple of beers at a local bar. He was a Green Beret in Vietnam for 2 terms. His primary MOS was point man, second was demolition. Some how we got on the discussion of explosives. I believe it was brought up due to a fertilizer factory explosion around that time. His comment was that he could use the materials located in the small bar we were in and LEVEL the Courthouse. Of course he was a war hero and not inclined to damage anything except in the service of his country. I know from my Chemistry classes in the 50's of many common compounds that can be used to make high explosives.

Bad guys that want to do nefarious deeds certainly know how to procure and use these materials, the most obvious of which is gasoline and propane. Obviously also natural gas / microwave oven and a propane cylinder, is damn effective, per the explosion that leveled several homes in Indy and killed two people a few years ago!

In my opinion one of the most dangerous items to me and my family are cell phones. Fox news had a spot this am talking to a teenager that was texting while driving and crossed the median, (endangering oncoming cars) and ran into a tree at 50+ MPH. I personally have seen many instances of distracted drivers (using a cell phone) crossing the center-line, weaving in traffic, almost ramming the car in front, running stop lights and signs etc..
    They gave the estimated number of accidents and deaths from distracted drivers and it was astounding, can't remember for sure but think it was 50K.
    If the libs really wanted to do something productive they would try to legislate a law to make cell phones inactive in a running automobile.

Again this is just an attack against gun owners and target shooters. Doesn't make any sense, but none of the liberals attack's against us ever do!

BlackGunGuru

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    The Sticks
    Im glad the media is looking out for us! (sarcasm) Tannerite is not dangerous if used correctly, too bad the idiots in charge of the news only run stories on the negatives of things like this. They should come out to my farm and I'll show them how I've shot close to probably 100 lbs. of the stuff over the years and nobdy has ever been hurt.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    :popcorn:Last evening I saw a blurb on Ch 6 -----they are going to do a "Special"on the evils of Tannerite--------"schrapnel everywhere"---"it is able to blow up cars"-----"how long will it be before someone uses it to blow up a school with our children dying for someones amusment"-------etc.etc.

The sky is falling----The sky is falling---------make everything illegal--------let the gov.take care of us----hurry,hide

tallend

oh man, I better go stock up. Lol

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    oh man, I better go stock up. Lol

I wonder if they know you make it with stuff bought at Wal-Mart. Tannerite doesn't even compare to what you can do with the lawn and garden center or the chemical isle. But lets not talk about that.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Only thing that ever went flying when we shot tannerite was the glitter we covered the holiday themed targets with.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Before Randy of the Shootin Iron Shop passed last June he took me to his private range to try out my new S&W 300 BLk rifle and brought along some tannerite. After we scoped it in I took a couple of shots at it and....nothing. I actually hit it twice. So we are about to leave and I had one round left so I took one last shot off hand and BOOM! Yea, that"s what I'm talking about. RIP Randy! One of those bucket list type of memories.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I bought 50 pounds a while back. I remember thinking wow, what the UPS guy just delivered to me could probably demolish half this house. I bought it in bulk to save money and split it up with several friends. But I'm sure I could have used up the 50lbs myself eventually :D

It's way too much like dynamite at the hardware store, mail order tommy guns, and other early American freedom type stuff to last. Let's be honest, people can't keep from shooting themselves with their guns while trying to clean them. And we expect these same people to keep from blowing parts of themselves off? Not gonna happen.

Maybe Tannerite and similar stuff crosses a line in terms of a "right" to own. Maybe it needs to be a priviledge with some mandatory training attached. I feel confident we will always be able to have reactive targets of some sort, though limited in power.

Top Bottom