• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    https://www.glamour.com/gallery/we-...-worlds-biggest-gun-show-why-do-you-own-a-gun

Rochelle, 28

Why do you have a gun?
    I was originally given a gun as a gift. I went out shooting once, and I happened to be naturally good at it. I was 20 at the time. I’ve done sporadic competitive shooting. I have a lot more fun with it—I’m in it more for fun than competing.

What do you say to people who question the value of a private citizen owning a gun?
    I think that if there were less guns, there would be less shootings, period. If the government came in and decided to take the guns away, I wouldn’t be mad about it. I think it’s important to be able to feel safe in your home, but you don’t need more than three guns. You don’t need to own a semiautomatic weapon or a silencer.

When mass shootings or school shootings happen—like the one this week—does it ever make you rethink your position?
    Going to the Second Amendment, I don’t think they had AK-47s and everything else in mind [when they imagined] the right to bear arms and protecting yourself. At SHOT show, you can kind of see how much it’s evolved into thousands and thousands of people dumping millions and millions of dollars into the industry…. I guess I’d say it’s almost unfortunate people think that they need so much.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You are wrong about this part, sir. She was my favorite... :(

You must have a "type" that she resembles. She's not that hot by objective standards or my subjective standards. She clearly wasn't hot enough that she could get any measure of fame using just her looks, she had to insert herself into a venue where the presence of young women is unusual.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You must have a "type" that she resembles. She's not that hot by objective standards or my subjective standards. She clearly wasn't hot enough that she could get any measure of fame using just her looks, she had to insert herself into a venue where the presence of young women is unusual.

Bingo. She is cute by some standards but not cute enough. She used this venue to get past us and onto what she feels is the big time. I still believe she has **** in her wheaty's.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Bingo. She is cute by some standards but not cute enough. She used this venue to get past us and onto what she feels is the big time. I still believe she has **** in her wheaty's.

Yeah, I don't think she stepped in this steaming pile by accident. My guess is she was thinking book deal, interviews, etc. I think she miscalculated, but time will tell.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To be clear, I like Taran and all he does. He is a Californian though, along with all his minions. They are different minded and really don't think the same as most of the rest of us on the 2A and other issues. It's no shock that there is a black sheep in that bunch.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    How Taran chooses to advertise doesn't bother me one way or the other. That his products WORK, and are of high quality, matters to me (I have a couple of his mag bases... but only a couple because the value is not strong due to high cost. Vickers' gear is a much better value IMO.)

The line for me would have been if Taran had NOT dumped the anti-2A we(confused skull-full-of-mush)nch.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    How Taran chooses to advertise doesn't bother me one way or the other. That his products WORK, and are of high quality, matters to me (I have a couple of his mag bases... but only a couple because the value is not strong due to high cost. Vickers' gear is a much better value IMO.)

The line for me would have been if Taran had NOT dumped the anti-2A we(confused skull-full-of-mush)nch.

the line for me is that it never crossed his mind to find this out before sticking a jersey on someone and send them out to represent him
    this is not the first time nor will it be last time I bet

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Reasonable, sir.

the line for me is that it never crossed his mind to find this out before sticking a jersey on someone and send them out to represent him
    this is not the first time nor will it be last time I bet

That's a very good point, and part of why I predicted this would happen. I don't think he cares what's inside of their head as long as they don't embarrass him. That's a problem because sooner or later they won't just embarrass him, they'll do damage to all of us.

You don't hire a PETA member to work in your butcher shop.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Reasonable, sir.

That's a very good point, and part of why I predicted this would happen. I don't think he cares what's inside of their head as long as they don't embarrass him. That's a problem because sooner or later they won't just embarrass him, they'll do damage to all of us.

You don't hire a PETA member to work in your butcher shop.
    Taran is operating several businesses, Taran Tactical is just a small part of it. He currently is riding a very large wave of popularity in the film industry and has partnered with many actors and producers on several different levels.
    Not only did he have this chick going around with him at this years show he was also taking Jon Bernthal, star of the netflix series the punisher around with him. He had some words about gun violence after the Oct 1 Vegas Shootings
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...rvel-punisher-netflix-gun-violence/844717001/

Ever wonder how a company in California can build and gunsmith products that are not legal in California?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Taran is operating several businesses, Taran Tactical is just a small part of it. He currently is riding a very large wave of popularity in the film industry and has partnered with many actors and producers on several different levels.
    Not only did he have this chick going around with him at this years show he was also taking Jon Bernthal, star of the netflix series the punisher around with him. He had some words about gun violence after the Oct 1 Vegas Shootings
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...rvel-punisher-netflix-gun-violence/844717001/

Ever wonder how a company in California can build and gunsmith products that are not legal in California?

Follow the money..........period.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

^^^THIS^^^

Hearing this putz bernthal blather about hoping the "shoot-em-up" he's staring will start a "conversation on gun control", I wonder whether the hollyweird hypocrites pause to consider whether their crap lowers society's standards, enabling sociopathic behavior? I'm cynical enough about them to believe that some them want that outcome so they can rant about mo' better gun laws--just like B.O. shut down "operation exile", tried everything from "fast&furious" to another AW ban to attack the 2A, and then pardoned hundreds of felons with firearms convictions

Tomt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    In 2013 had the opportunity to RO Taran at the Three Gun Nationals in Vegas. The stage I was on was all three shot in two bays that adjoined. Pistol was shot first, then on the shotgun and rifle in the second bay. Jay Worden was the CRO on the stage and had told the competitors to have a witness go along as we were starting scoring in the first bay while the competitor was shooting in the second bay. Butler miked a 10 yd. metric with his open gun. I was scoring and he unfortunately had not chosen a witness so I had another RO look at the target before we pasted it---no it was not a double. It was the last target on that stage before dumping the pistol. Needless to say, I was given a load of crap about him not being able to see the target. That's when it's really, really nice to have Jay Worden as your CRO. Problem solved in about two seconds.

Top Bottom