• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I kind of wish I'd gotten the G3 instead of the G2. I think Taurus will take care of the trigger issue, but disappointed that they'll have to.
    3s are a lot better in my opinion. I like the feel of the wider trigger and the fixed sights. The 3 -12rd magazines are a nice touch too.
    Taurus will fix the trigger but, they do seem to take their time doing it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    3s are a lot better in my opinion. I like the feel of the wider trigger and the fixed sights. The 3 -12rd magazines are a nice touch too.
    Taurus will fix the trigger but, they do seem to take their time doing it.
    And that's okay as long as they fix it. The G2C was kind of an impulse buy to replace my Radom P64 as my car console gun, and possibly go into carry rotation if it proved to be reliable enough.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I recently bought a G2C and took it to the range for the first time yesterday. It's going to need to go back to Taurus. It doesn't always fire when I would pull the trigger. Appears to be a known issue.

it's the trigger safety. check out keep tinkerings website. i've put his triggers in both of mine. made a good shooter great. but he has a vid on how to fix that issue without changing triggers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    it's the trigger safety. check out keep tinkerings website. i've put his triggers in both of mine. made a good shooter great. but he has a vid on how to fix that issue without changing triggers.
    Thanks for that! Found the video, but I can't get the pins out to remove the sear assembly. However, in messing around with it, it has now stopped doing what it was doing. So maybe something just wasn't quite seated properly (being a brand new gun). I kept racking the slide and dry firing and even when I'm putting right to left pressure on the trigger (which was something that was causing the problem to happen), it is now "dry firing" and resetting properly. I'll take it to the range next time I go and see if it is indeed working now. Fingers crossed that it is!

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for that! Found the video, but I can't get the pins out to remove the sear assembly. However, in messing around with it, it has now stopped doing what it was doing. So maybe something just wasn't quite seated properly (being a brand new gun). I kept racking the slide and dry firing and even when I'm putting right to left pressure on the trigger (which was something that was causing the problem to happen), it is now "dry firing" and resetting properly. I'll take it to the range next time I go and see if it is indeed working now. Fingers crossed that it is!
    i had to order a cupped punch off amazin amazon and a "soft" squirt of pb blast.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking at his triggers. They all say SAO, so does that mean you lose the re-strike capability with them?

Edit: I see now that it does. That's kind of a bummer.
    he has DA triggers as well. scroll to yhe bottom of the page and hit "load more"

thats why i swapped from asmund triggers, i wanted to keep the restrike.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    he has DA triggers as well. scroll to yhe bottom of the page and hit "load more"

I'm not seeing the "load more" option on his website. I found a video where he said he would be open to making them if there was interest.

Edit: Nevermind. Found them!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

What's the difference between the ones that come with a spring and those that don't? Are they just in case you happen to need a new spring?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    What's the difference between the ones that come with a spring and those that don't? Are they just in case you happen to need a new spring?
    his springs are a little stronger and seem to reset the trigger a little more smoothly

you might want to check him out on taurusarmed. the guy is a treasure chest of knowledge. you'll get a lot of tips/tricks from him and the forum members.

the one tip that was a big help was the warning about the little ball bearing that causes curses if your not prepared for it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    his springs are a little stronger and seem to reset the trigger a little more smoothly

you might want to check him out on taurusarmed. the guy is a treasure chest of knowledge. you'll get a lot of tips/tricks from him and the forum members.

the one tip that was a big help was the warning about the little ball bearing that causes curses if your not prepared for it
    Just watched his installation video and it seems pretty straight forward. I may give it a go! Thanks again for the tip. :yesway:

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have the G3. Excellent gun for the $$. I have handled the G2C and G3C but thought the grip too small. They have a G3X which intrigues me. It has the compact barrel (G3C) but standard G3 grip size.

I A/B tested against S&W M&P 2.0 compact (4” barrel) and I had tighter groups with the Smith. Is it worth $300 more than the Taurus G3? Nope. It is the better pistol though, but not that much better.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Still have the g3c and has functioned great so far, but been looking at the Max 9 and CSX as they all are within the same dimensions.

Mas86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2018
    Noblesville
    both of mine did that. it's the mags. i found a trick on the sig forum. rubber gaskets. i forget the size at the moment but when i get home i'll post it.
    Mine has something to do with the trigger ive taken the slide off and found it just no idea how to fix it

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Mine has something to do with the trigger ive taken the slide off and found it just no idea how to fix it
    i thought the issue was with the trigger as well. i had it figured to fitment of the trigger safety. but i also looked at the mag release.

when i tried the gaskets the rattle went away.

found it! 13/16" o.d. x 11/16" i.d. x 1/16 thickness.

it may not solve your issue but it sure did mine.

Top Bottom