• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hootenholler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    jefferson co
    ive owned quite a few taurus and ive come to find out that there all pretty good guns just a lower quality gun....ive been happy with all but 1 tcp 380...pos...jammed alot and never could really figure it out..just sold it

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    My PT-99AF has been flawless from day 1. Those machining pictures sure tell another story though.

How many dealers will allow you to strip a gun before you buy it though? I'm thinking I'd wand to bring a jewelers loop to inspect anything I bought now, especially a used gun. Any brand, not just taurus!

If a dealer will not let me strip a used gun in his presence OR strip it in front of me to inspect then he will lose my business forever. Buying a used automatic pistol without stripping it is like buying a used car and not looking under the hood:twocents:

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    my opinion of taurus is simple,some good some bad like most things made be humans. i have a 686 that eats anything and has no problems ever,i also had a judge that was out of time in under 500 rounds

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    im gonna say lemon, mine run great. though my tcp does not like fancy pants 380 ammo. it will run any 95 grain round nose just fine. hope to pick up a judge next tax season.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    I have 5 Taurus pistols, all are great ,1 has a loose front site, thats the only problem I have ever had. even had 1 Taurus for more than 10 years , with no problems, cept it runs out of ammo, ugh

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I just picked up a PT 111. Ive only put about 50 rounds through (WWB) but those 50 were great. I shot it against my Ruger SR9C and was pleasanty supprised.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I went shooting with a friend of mine last week. We brought a wide variety of weapons including his "new" Taurus that he had gotten a day or two earlier. I'm not sure the exact model. It was a hammerless .357 in stainless steel or nickel. (I'm a glock guy so i don't know it was shiny). Anyways we fired less than fifty rounds through it of both .357 and .38 Special. During a reload the cylinder feel to the ground along with a small spring and a small rectangular piece. He got it back together but the cylinder wouldn't stay in place, it just kept spinning. Needless to say it wasn't fired anymore that day. Is this a common trend with Taurus or just a failure of his particular gun?

Hey Jenel, what happened with your friend's .357? Did Taurus make good on it? Does it work well after a visit to the factory? :dunno: This thread has been going for about three months and it has degenerated to anecdotal "My Taurus is great!" or "Taurus is a piece of :poop:" darts being thrown at posters on this thread. We really need a report on how Taurus responded to the problem.

I know, real evidence will not convince the Taurus haters who have posted on this thread (factual evidence never fazes the closed minds of those whose worldview does not allow them to adjust their beliefs based on new data), but it will help the reasonable :ingo: membership to evaluate Taurus products and service. As Paul Harvey used to say, we need "the rest of the story."

BTW, if you did post an update and I missed it, I apologize in advance and request you send the link to your update. Thanks.:)

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've found Taurus is fine as long as they are copying someone else's design (Beretta 92, 1911, S&W revolver, etc.). Where they get into trouble is with their own designs like the Millennium Pro, PT911, etc. Although they seem to have gotten something right with the 24/7. A friend of mine bought one when they came out (five years ago I guess) and it has been rock solid. I've considered buying one on a couple of occasions but always wind up getting something else.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I'm extremely pleased with the PT92, boringly reliable, beautiful design, DA/SA, Frame mounted external safety and able to carry Condition 1 C&L if desired.

2mouh04.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    People are entitle to their own opinion...but I've owned 3 Taurus's...and all 3 had to be shipped back for 'repairs'! The 850 revolver had to be repaired 3x before it 'sorta' worked...so I traded it and never looked back!

I had a friend who thought Taurus's were 'the bomb'...until she shot my Ruger revolvers...and she ended up selling all 3 of her Taurus's and replacing them with 3 Ruger Revolvers (SP101's in .38+P, .327mag, and .22lr...she's VERY happy now!

As she said, "There's a HUGE difference between Taurus and Ruger!"

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I'm extremely pleased with the PT92, boringly reliable, beautiful design, DA/SA, Frame mounted external safety and able to carry Condition 1 C&L if desired.

My wife also has a PT92, and it has been nothing but reliable. Her Tracker44 isnt as nice as some of the other revolvers in that size, but it has been a decent pistol for her over the last 6 months. Overall, the finish is the only issue I have with the Taurus quality, as they tend to leave machining marks where none should be. But, there are several newer manufactures that the same could be said of.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I have an earlier version Millenium PT-145 before the "Pro" model came out. I've never had a problem with it firing but the magazine does stick a little bit when you try to drop it from the weapon.

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Read the best advice regarding Taurus in another thread. If already posted somewhere in previous 14 pages, my apologies. Buy your Taurus through Davidson's and if you have any problems Davidson's will replace the gun and take Taurus to the mat for the exchange. Have never tried it but it made good sense.

Top Bottom