• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It is a heck of a price; but is it a heck of a DEAL? Think about it. Why is the price down to $166? You may well discover it's a higher price than it's worth.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    It is a heck of a price; but is it a heck of a DEAL? Think about it. Why is the price down to $166? You may well discover it's a higher price than it's worth.

??? It's a good price for a Taurus TCP. About 30% lower than the norm. As to why it's lower, you'd have to ask CTD because no other shops are even coming close to that price.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I think he's saying it's not worth it regardless

Yeah, I know. Posts like that bug me. If you think it's not worth then simply state that and explain why. Or start a different thread bashing Taurus. I'm not a huge fan of Taurus, especially their customer support.

I'd say TCPs are on par with Kel-tec P3ATs. The purpose of this thread to show folks that are interested in buying a TCP a great deal on them.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, I know. Posts like that bug me. If you think it's not worth then simply state that and explain why. Or start a different thread bashing Taurus. I'm not a huge fan of Taurus, especially their customer support.

I'd say TCPs are on par with Kel-tec P3ATs. The purpose of this thread to show folks that are interested in buying a TCP a great deal on them.

True. You can't really go wrong for that price at all, though!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I posted about this a week or so ago, i bought one and it has been 100% for me. Some just have a bug up the butt about Taurus, some for valid reasons, some not.

But either way, this one is cheaper than most because 1 mag instead of 2 and no bulldog case. I knew that going in and its a fantastic buy imo. The case is pointless for me, Id never use an oversize cell case as my holster anyway. The extra mag would be nice but i can buy one or two at some point later and still be ahead.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I currently have two Taurus handguns- including the TCP .380 and both are decent guns for the money. I will say this though (and I'm not bashing them, since I'm a "T" owner myself) in order to bring them up to about half the operational or build quality of a Smith, Ruger, Walther, Beretta and the like, you'll have to spend some smithing time with them. I've found that after a full deburr and polish job to correct the erroneous machining within, they'll shoot awesome, reliable, smooth and accurate.

Not a bad gun by any means and they are fun to shoot, but they're not big name brand quality either, so don't expect them to be something they can't be... Refine them a little bit and they will run with the big dogs pretty good! :)

That said, I now enjoy shooting my "T" TCP .380 and .357 Mag., but not until I spent some TLC time w/ them beforehand to bring them up to the standards I like them to be at. :)

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    That is a really good price for a TCP. I owned one for 3 months. I hated it. But even for the $249 i payed, it was a good gun. I mean i've always been a believer that you get what you pay for. I didn't pay very much so i didn't get much of a gun imo. Ik it was meant to be a belly gun but i couldn't hit anything with it. That and the recoil on that little bastard killed my index and middle finger on my firing hand. And it is my firm belief that the Hulk would have problems releasing the slide lol. But, for the money, it's a decent little back up gun.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a TCP that is in need of some TLC, or a big F'in hammer, or something.

Brand new, has failures to eject every other round or so. Cheap POS is what it seems like, and I've been a Taurus fan/owner for YEARS.

This one DEFINATELY slipped by quality control.

One of these days I'll get around to sending it back to Taurus.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a TCP that is in need of some TLC, or a big F'in hammer, or something.

Brand new, has failures to eject every other round or so. Cheap POS is what it seems like, and I've been a Taurus fan/owner for YEARS.

This one DEFINATELY slipped by quality control.

One of these days I'll get around to sending it back to Taurus.

I forgot to mention that one... I also had FTE's like crazy. With every brand of ammo I tried I'd get a FTE about every 15-20 rnds or more. I think Taurus basically got in a hurry to put out their own version of the LCP to be a part of the pocket .380 craze and just plain failed.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    ??? It's a good price for a Taurus TCP. About 30% lower than the norm. As to why it's lower, you'd have to ask CTD because no other shops are even coming close to that price.

I'm sure these are the "bare bones" TCPs that are coming in the blued finish with 1 mag and no carrying case. We are running them locally for $199.95.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I forgot to mention that one... I also had FTE's like crazy. With every brand of ammo I tried I'd get a FTE about every 15-20 rnds or more. I think Taurus basically got in a hurry to put out their own version of the LCP to be a part of the pocket .380 craze and just plain failed.

Have either of you let another person shoot it? I ask because I had a lot of trouble with my Kel-tec P3AT at first. FTE once or twice every mag for probably 100 rounds (which is about 15 mags). Then I was coached to adjust my grip, and it hasn't missed a beat since. I didn't polish anything, I didn't change ammo, nothing was different but my grip.

If I were you, I'd have someone else who is used to firing these micro autos try it out before you send it off to the factory. It very well may be a fault with the gun, but it's better to eliminate the possibility of user error before paying for shipping.

Top Bottom