• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I have a TCP that is in need of some TLC, or a big F'in hammer, or something.

Brand new, has failures to eject every other round or so. Cheap POS is what it seems like, and I've been a Taurus fan/owner for YEARS.

This one DEFINATELY slipped by quality control.

One of these days I'll get around to sending it back to Taurus.
    Drop me a PM if you want to send it this way to have it deburred, polished and refined to make the gun operate/fire as smooth as glass- the first time, everytime!

See this thread if you haven't already- it really does transform the gun into something MUCH better than "stock" no matter who's shooting it, no matter how you hold it and it'll eat whatever ammo you feed the thing: :)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...urus_tcp_738_380_random_jamming_fix_pics.html

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My apologies Bronsonbull for trying to be circumspect in my reply. A few time when I've just come out and called something a POC, I've gotten jumped on be someone who disagrees. So, for the record, let me say My TCP was a POC!! Three trips to Taurus and no improvement; so I sold it at a considerable loss.

However, it seems as though backfire has earned a Ph.D in TCP and the mystery is revealed. Unfortunately, I'm not as mechanically adept or as knowledgeable with pistols as he is. I would not have know to do any of those things. I paid for a pistol that had the implied promise that it works. It didn't!

Another reason I spent my hard earned money was the dealer told me that Taurus was getting ready to release an extended magazine. While it offered more capacity, more importantly to me, it offered a larger grip which I very much wanted . Then 3 months after I bought it, Taurus arbitrarily announced they would not offer the extended magazine.

Well, that was it, I'd had enough. If I'd have known enough to even have a gunsmith do the work that Dr. backfire did, it would have cost more than the pistol. So, from my prospective: Deal? No. POC? Yes.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Sometimes vendors get over stock, or a shipment that may have mild physical flaws, they get for super cheap. I saw a vendor near me, when the PPQ first came out, that had PPQ's with a black slide and a green frame he was selling for $430. I'm sure the guns functioned just fine, but they were some type of abnormality. :D

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I'm sure these are the "bare bones" TCPs that are coming in the blued finish with 1 mag and no carrying case. We are running them locally for $199.95.

Ahh, that would make sense then. With 1 mag that deal is not the greatest. Go buy one from Shooter521's shop if you still want one. Seems like a lot of folks don't like them though :)

Top Bottom