• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with my Civilian Academy thread but today I got tazed. :wow: that was the longest 5 seconds of my life! They gave of the options of actually getting shot by the probes, or using the demonstration version which uses the same gun but you just clip things onto your shirt and waist. Well I decided if I am going to do this I might as well go all in so I took the probe route. I can't explain the pain other than it hurt like hell, and the second it started I wanted it to stop!

Throughout the zapping I wouldn't have been able to fight back even if I wanted to. All my muscles were just frozen and the pain is enough to make you stop whatever you were doing. Then after it was over I was completely fine with no ill effects. I couldn't even feel the probes in my back. Now I am just a slight bit sore where each of the probes went in but other than that I feel just like I did before. This is an awesome tool the police have in their toolbox.

If anyone ever wants to try this I would highly recommend it. It sucks, but I feel it was worth the experience. Its a good story too!

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Yep you'll never forget it thats for sure! Now just make sure when you have to use that you dont get tangled up in the wires!!!!

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Haha yea they told us they are only slightly shielded so you don't want to touch them! Otherwise you will be along for the ride too

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I will not deny that the tazer sucks, but I will gladly take it over hits of OC any day.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I will not deny that the tazer sucks, but I will gladly take it over hits of OC any day.

I've heard several officers say this very thing!

"Tazing only lasts as long as the juice is on... Being sprayed can last for 3-4 days!"

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Ridethelightning.jpg

:D

Yep, I've been tased. It pretty much sucked, but I too would prefer it over OC.

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I thought it felt like someone pounding me with a sledge hammer from the inside.:bash: I had kept hearing that no one had died from being tazed but when it was happening to me, I thought I was going to be the first. As for OC just don't shower right away. It will run down between your legs and then look out.:flamethrower:

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    As for OC just don't shower right away. It will run down between your legs and then look out.:flamethrower:

Yeah, unfortunately not every instructor sees fit to warn their students about this. Interesting story, while working security at a local apartment complex, one known for outrageous partying, I witnessed an inebriated young man empty a full can onto himself, shall we say, in a sensitive location. I later found out that somebody had been discussing the effects on various anatomical areas, and he did not believe them. I believe he found out differently...... :D

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    if only there was a place you could go to get tazed...without jail following, of course. im interested in trying it out. im sure ill get to it eventually in academy, but thats a few years down the road. were you able to remain standing or did they hold you/lay you down.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    if only there was a place you could go to get tazed...

I took my "ride" as part of a personal protection course several years ago. One of the guys giving the course was a certified Taser instructor and hooked up anybody who asked for it. My dumb ass caved to peer pressure. :n00b:

were you able to remain standing or did they hold you/lay you down.

We started in a standing position, but had our fellow students there to catch us when we fell. Nobody in that class was able to stay on his feet, regardless of where the probes were placed.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    When I was certified they just taped the wires on us. They didn't have enough on hand to shoot everyone. We were instructed to attempt to fight free of it. I took mine across the shoulder blades. Sweet Jesus that hurt!!!! Most of the current traveled down my arms and through my chest. I thought my fingernails were going to explode!!! And as someone said, it felt like being beaten with a sledge hammer from the inside. I was able to remain standing and concentrate enough to use my feet to turn around...with the intentions of grabbing the wires and pulling them loose. I got turned around but the 5 seconds (it felt like 5 minutes) was over before I could grab the wires...which I probably couldn't have done anyway...I couldn't move my arms or hands because of the current.

What a ride!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You've got serious thrill issues. !!

On the contrary, I'm fairly risk-averse, and "thrill" never entered my mind. I decided to take the "ride" partly out of curiosity and partly due to my buddies egging me on, but mostly to understand what the Taser can and cannot do and why if you are confronted by a BG with one, a lethal force response may be justified.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have not been tazerd, but had to get peper sprayed in the service. It hurt like a mother f'n son of a bitch. Bad thing is it lasts even after the initial spraying. Then later when you try to wash off the what's remaining you get a re flash. I do not care how bad ass you think you are, you are going down. Unless you are jacked on pcp, or some other drug.

Top Bottom