• ...and so much more!
  • Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Still wondering

I can't figure out why someone would volunteer to take a shot. I have seen it work that is good enough for me.
    So, apparently there are some certifications now that require it?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I can't figure out why someone would volunteer to take a shot.

See my earlier post. In my case it was partly curiosity, partly peer pressure, and partly a desire to understand the weapon's capabilities and be able to articulate why I'd be forced to shoot sum'bitch who was trying to tase me.

If you want to become a Certified Taser Instructor, you have to take the full 5-second ride.

Most police departments require an officer to take the ride before being issued a Taser, though protocols vary (some do exposures of less than 5 seconds, others do "chain lightning," where a bunch of officers link arms and the whole group takes the ride, though the effects on each individual are lessened).

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    "Most police departments require an officer to take the ride before being issued a Taser, though protocols vary (some do exposures of less than 5 seconds, others do "chain lightning," where a bunch of officers link arms and the whole group takes the ride, though the effects on each individual are lessened)"

I am sure someone has some bizzare logic for this.

bigray46725

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    CC
    I can agree with jforest if your gonna do it do it, My good friend is an officer and i took the dry stun which is putting it against you and get tazed but that isnt anything, he talked me into holding on to the prongs with my hands WOW THAT IS INTENSE and if i was in trouble with the law and they said im going to taze you I WOULD STOP ON A DIME LOL

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I can't figure out why someone would volunteer to take a shot. I have seen it work that is good enough for me.

I did it because like shooter521 I was curious. I also don't mind a little pain. I figured down the road if I decide not to become a cop I might regret it if it didn't get tazed, that is the same reason I went for the probes, I figured, I know this is going to hurt the probes can't be that bad.

I also wanted to do this because I got in a car accident with a drunk driver and he got off scott free (even though the cops made him go to the hospital) Later on he got arrested for dealing drugs and they had to taze him in order to arrest him. So I wanted to know what kind of pain he was in when he got tazed. haha I know strange reason, but in the end it all boils down to curiousity. :D

"Most police departments require an officer to take the ride before being issued a Taser, though protocols vary (some do exposures of less than 5 seconds, others do "chain lightning," where a bunch of officers link arms and the whole group takes the ride, though the effects on each individual are lessened)"

I am sure someone has some bizzare logic for this.

I'm guessing they use the clip on and put on on the first and one on the last? Because the tazer only works between the probes.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom