• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    Just saw that on the Daily Mail UK site - states and locales that prohibit or make home defense impractical should be sued by the feds into following the US Constitution.

And as has been said here many times, when every second counts, the police are only minutes away.

Give that woman a medal!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Holy crap.
    That was full of all kinds of cry. That poor girl... :(
    She must have been scared out of her mind for her baby and herself.
    ONE minute is an eternity to go through something like that...but on hold with 911 for Twenty-one minutes??
    That poor girl...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

The really chilling item that popped up in this article is that the woman called 911 as soon as the guys started trying to break in, combined with this quote:
    "I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.

It took TWENTY ONE MINUTES for police to arrive!! This isn't to bash the police, because I know that they were probably swamped, but it should give pause to those idiots out there who say that when someone tries to break in, or rob, or murder or rape you, that all you have to do is call the police and they will magically save you.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Good story.
    One disagreement tho'
    "I wouldn't have done it, but it was my son," McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO. "It's not an easy decision to make, but it was either going to be him or my son. And it wasn't going to be my son. There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child."
    Ummm
    A pregnant woman with a child would actually be more dangerous.
    IMHO of course.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    What a story! The little lady made a conscious decision and did what she had to do. God bless her.

And man is it hard to beat you ingun'ers to the punch on a thread.

Great coverage.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you've got a gun.... you should know it's OK to shoot an intruder. You shouldn't have to ask someone else's permission.

I'm glad this turned out OK, but that part of the story is just wierd.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I hate this crap: It's going to make me out to be a "kill em all and let god sort them out", chest thumping nitwit, but I am going to call 911 after the event transpires or dial it, hand phone to someone else. I don't need someone to tell me when to turn the master arm on and safety off... :twocents: I have heard a few tapes of 911 calls and the dispatcher is always telling the person DONT shoot them, blah blah blah, like their fat arse is right there, seeing the event, feeling the terror of someone coming down your hall. F dat...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    She sounded very calm and collected on that 911 recording. She knew what she had to do, kept her cool, and protected her life and that of her son. Good for her!

Top Bottom