• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Very similar to the story from a few years back when 911 told an older woman to use her shotgun when a guy broke through her sliding glass door.

She did what she had to.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Bravo to the mother who protected her infant!!!!! And just MORE proof that we can't depend on LEO's to save our butts, we need to be PREPARED ourselves.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I was just reading this... Just curious, would she have been in her rights in Indiana?

Indiana Constitution, Article I, Section 32:

"The People shall have a right to bear Arms, for the defense of themselves and of the State." Also, we invoke Castle doctrine. No duty to retreat. Includes home, car, possessions, and curtilage.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Keep in mind guys, she was only 18. I think she did a pretty good job. Obviously she knew how to do what she had too, but probably wasn't that experienced. Great ending for the BG.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Glad to see she had the sense to protect her son and herself and the training to know how to use the weapon(s)!!! Kudos to her deceased husband and most likely her father for enabling her to know how to use the weapons effectively.

Sorry to hear about the loss of her husband but imagine a woman like that will find another man.

Agree with earlier poster that said too bad the other POS didn't suffer the same fate.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Obviously she knew how to do what she had too, but probably wasn't that experienced.

I dont think anybody is experienced when it comes to shooting at another human being, even if you are an experienced shooter and shot at hundreds of paper target bad guys.
    Unless you already did it mutliple times for real of course (police, military, civilians in previous self defense shootings etc).

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    I found it impressive that she had the presence of mind to give the baby a bottle to keep it from crying. I would have to assume her asking the 911 operator if she could shoot if he entered was a piece of mind for her. Maybe a relief on her conscience for taking a life, she had approval of someone else.

+1 to momma!

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Good for her! Didn't even make it 5 feet in...But did anyone else notice a drastic age appearance from her and her husband?!

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    I cant believe this guy had the nerve to show up on the day of the funeral then come back to prey on this poor girl! He def got what he deserved! I like the fact that she had not one but two guns ready to rock!

Top Bottom