• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I believe he is bringing glory to God by following the teachings and life of Christ and focusing his work on helping those that need help the most.

I thought Christ taught charity.
    Charity is me giving someone money that needs it.
    Not the government taking it from me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Take a look at this picture. Is this the Donald Trump of catholicism? I don't think so. At a certain point, you have to start recognizing sincere people, else you fall down your own rabbit hole of cynicism and despair.

vinicio27n-4-web.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Uh, no, he doesn't give glory to himself. His is a very grueling job, and in fact when Benedict XVI was elected, Francis, then Bergoglio, was in the running as well and he even asked his fellow cardinals to please not vote for him. When Benedict stepped down, Bergoglio understood he was needed and humbly accepted a very difficult and demanding task.

He is a very humble man. Riding in a Fiat in the middle of a motorcade full of SUVs and Cadillacs is one way he shows that humility and that he doesn't want any of the glory for himself. Declining invitations from US dignitaries like Biden and Pelosi and Reid and spending that time with the same nuns who are being attacked by Biden and Pelosi and Reid and the Obama administration is just one more. But when it comes to the pope and the Catholic religion, many peoples minds are preset in such a negative manner, which by the way definitely gives no glory or credit to God at all for the good that he does bring about through the Catholic Church, that no matter what good comes from the Church or the good people who quietly serve God in it, there will be nothing but attacks against even the most humble servants of God, as is Francis. This is actually a very good indicator that he is indeed giving glory to God.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Uh, no, he doesn't give glory to himself. His is a very grueling job, and in fact when Benedict XVI was elected, Francis, then Bergoglio, was in the running as well and he even asked his fellow cardinals to please not vote for him. When Benedict stepped down, Bergoglio understood he was needed and humbly accepted a very difficult and demanding task.

He is a very humble man. Riding in a Fiat in the middle of a motorcade full of SUVs and Cadillacs is one way he shows that humility and that he doesn't want any of the glory for himself. Declining invitations from US dignitaries like Biden and Pelosi and Reid and spending that time with the same nuns who are being attacked by Biden and Pelosi and Reid and the Obama administration is just one more. But when it comes to the pope and the Catholic religion, many peoples minds are preset in such a negative manner, which by the way definitely gives no glory or credit to God at all for the good that he does bring about through the Catholic Church, that no matter what good comes from the Church or the good people who quietly serve God in it, there will be nothing but attacks against even the most humble servants of God, as is Francis. This is actually a very good indicator that he is indeed giving glory to God.

Really,Now I'm not a Catholic and I'm not going start a argument here, but he hasn't given up any of the residents built for the Pope to live in. I will just start with, have you ever seen his summer home ?
    The Palace of Castel

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Really,Now I'm not a Catholic and I'm not going start a argument here, but he hasn't given up any of the residents built for the Pope to live in. I will just start with, have you ever seen his summer home ?
    The Palace of Castel

Although he occasionally usese the Castel Palace for retreats, he has given up the papal residence choosing the Vatican guest house instead as his everyday residence. He is the first pope since Pius X (pope from 1903 to 1914) to live outside the papal apartments.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Although he occasionally usese the Castel Palace for retreats, he has given up the papal residence choosing the Vatican guest house instead as his everyday residence. He is the first pope since Pius X (pope from 1903 to 1914) to live outside the papal apartments.

And I'll say again, im not starting a arguement and I'm out of here, Thanks for making my point sir... And I will say that living in the Vatican guesthouse, the Domus Sancta Marthae definitely ain't slumin it..

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I obviously don't read into his message what you are, in that government should take your money and give it away.

And who is this "we" that's going to be distributing riches and resources, and creating and administering financial reform? Those riches and resources belong to the people who worked and risked for them, and if anyone else "gives" them to someone else, that's theft.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    And who is this "we" that's going to be distributing riches and resources, and creating and administering financial reform? Those riches and resources belong to the people who worked and risked for them, and if anyone else "gives" them to someone else, that's theft.
    I cannot answer that, I only know what he said and do not try to interpret or read anything else into his words.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I wouldn't say he himself is a thief. I will say there are way too many Catholics that seem to worship the Pope more than God himself. I don't like to bash on Catholics but the way they do certain things just seem wrong. I have been to mass a few times in my life and I have never felt like more of an outsider in my life.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So:

"The pope is a fraud.
    Government steals my money.
    Charity should be a private function not a government mandate. But, I don't want to help the poor. They should help themselves.
    I don't like people who don't think like I do. In fact, most of them shouldn't exist."

That about covers it, doesn't it?

Top Bottom