• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I wouldn't say he himself is a thief. I will say there are way too many Catholics that seem to worship the Pope more than God himself. I don't like to bash on Catholics but the way they do certain things just seem wrong. I have been to mass a few times in my life and I have never felt like more of an outsider in my life.

Nothing puzzles me (being kind here) more than someone who admits he has never been to mass more than a few times in his life, so would not be unreasonable to ascertain that he has a limited understanding of the mass and of Catholicism in general.

If you had only been around guns once in your life, would you think it a fair to make sweeping unreasonable statements about gun owners? You can't know or love anything that you don't first put some effort into understanding or into getting to know.

If you make an honest effort to understand the mass, you will also come to understand that Catholics don't worship the pope. You might even come to feel more warmth. I know beyond any doubt that you would be very welcome at our Church, and its hard not to like people who sincerely like you. To me the Church has been like a mother who has led to me to my father and lord, to the one real and true love. It is a life long process that will never end, it is a two way street, but as in anything else, you have to be willing to take a first step.

C'mon man, you really think we worship the pope? You may have loved your father, that doesn't mean you worship him more than God. In the people we love, we always try to emulate what is good about them, we may have a great and sincere admiration for them, look up to them, but that is far from worship.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Definately a "LIBERAL" with talk of "GLOBAL WARMING" or Climate Change, whatever they are calling it this week .....

Agreed, basically a good hearted man he a sinner like the rest of us it and it looks like he used his U.S visit to patronise Obama and promote his own political agenda on climate change.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So:

"The pope is a fraud.
    Government steals my money.
    Charity should be a private function not a government mandate. But, I don't want to help the poor. They should help themselves.
    I don't like people who don't think like I do. In fact, most of them shouldn't exist."

That about covers it, doesn't it?

I think you missed, "I don't need to be lectured on how someone thinks I'm not doing enough about something when they are doing precisely zero."

There's a line in the Bible about that, I think. Something about motes and planks.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I'm not catholic.

The man himself, I believe is sincere. He has lived a pious life and has kept his perspective.

The "office" of Pope confuses me. Is he a religious leader? Is he a head of state? Can he be both? Should he be both?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So:

"The pope is a fraud.
    Charity should be a private function not a government mandate. But, I don't want to help the poor. They should help themselves.
    I don't like people who don't think like I do. In fact, most of them shouldn't exist."

Well, except I don't mind so much if those people exist, as long as they mind their own business and leave me to mind mine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think you missed, "I don't need to be lectured on how someone thinks I'm not doing enough about something when they are doing precisely zero."

There's a line in the Bible about that, I think. Something about motes and planks.

Ooooooh. Hit close to home did we?

If the shoe fits, polish it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    And I'll say again, im not starting a arguement and I'm out of here, Thanks for making my point sir... And I will say that living in the Vatican guesthouse, the Domus Sancta Marthae definitely ain't slumin it..

Yeah...and he's NEVER EVER going to permit same sex marriages in the Church. Or abortions to be performed in Catholic hospitals.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ahhh. How many people in the world look to you for religious leadership? A billion? No?

How many missions do you put out into poor countries? How many soup kitchens do you run? Hospitals?

It is easy to take potshots at someone who first refused the highest office in his church and then reluctantly accepted the position, isn't it?

I'm not a practicing catholic at this point, but I believe this man to be a positive force on this planet....as opposed to those who see the worst in everyone.

Good day.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I obviously don't read into his message what you are, in that government should take your money and give it away.

Where else are political leaders mustering up a 'courageous change of attitude' going to get their hooks into this money?

Let he who is without sin make a post of criticism.

That's nice, but you have to remember which guy in a funny hat started it.

Well, except I don't mind so much if those people exist, as long as they mind their own business and leave me to mind mine.

Very well said.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am not Catholic. I respect this pope a lot. I may not agree with him on everything, but that's not a requirement to respect someone.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Summing up my feelings about the Pope and Catholic Church as simply as possible/surface issues.
    I don't think the pope is a thief in most senses of the word. I feel that he can be a distraction though. I however am not a fan of the pope or the hierarchy of "the church" that exists in Catholicism. That and really the idea a person must go to another person for forgiveness from God just puts a bad taste in my mouth.

It all basically takes away the role or purpose of Jesus and why he came along with what he did. It becomes more of a religion and not a relationship as many like to say...

Edit: In additions, after some thought I figured I'd add this... I think that many years ago it was very much so about power and money (yes that is very sad I know, and I hate it too). I think for that reason much importance was placed on the Pope, due to tradition and many other things this has continued. I don't feel that the current Pope is seeking all of the attention he is given. More so it's been a road to what we see today that was laid many years ago, and most likely for the wrong reasons at certain points in time.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Im not Catholic, particularly religious or even care for some of his political views but I do respect this Pope.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So:

"The pope is a fraud.

I donate quite a bit. But I choose the organization by how I judge the need, and by how the money gets used.
    I don't get to do that with the government.
    If they want to give money to someone that can work, just won't, and pay 45 people to handle the money on the way so that only 50 cents gets delivered, then I am against that.

And a lot of big government types that I know that work in the same job as I, donate less. Because "It's the governments job, they don't need to."

I don't remember advocating someone "shouldn't exist".
    I do think, if they want big government that doesn't bother to follow the Constitution, they should go to a place that has a big government and doesn't follow a constitution.

Top Bottom