I lol'd

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    AP3090590_Articolo.jpg

The Pope himself seems pretty alright but an organization as a whole it's hard to get behind. I don't think that's the Church Jesus had in mind. Extremely wealthy, extravagant, secretive, powerful etc. But I suppose we would never hear about a church that meets in a warehouse and spends all its money on the people it's trying to help.

Attachments

• AP3090590_Articolo.jpg
      AP3090590_Articolo.jpg
      80.4 KB · Views: 1

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Pope himself seems pretty alright but an organization as a whole it's hard to get behind. I don't think that's the Church Jesus had in mind. Extremely wealthy, extravagant, secretive, powerful etc. But I suppose we would never hear about a church that meets in a warehouse and spends all its money on the people it's trying to help.

And that's the way it should be. Store up your treasures in Heaven...

Mmccalip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I am new to INGO and this thread is the first one I've read. I am Catholic and it's disheartening to me to see that this site has so much anti-Catholic rhetoric on it. If y'all don't like the Pope, turn off your TV.

I have been to thousands of Catholic masses and I've never heard one priest, deacon, or bishop say anything negative about any other faith or it's leadership. I don't understand the hatred towards Catholicism.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I am new to INGO and this thread is the first one I've read. I am Catholic and it's disheartening to me to see that this site has so much anti-Catholic rhetoric on it. If y'all don't like the Pope, turn off your TV.

I have been to thousands of Catholic masses and I've never heard one priest, deacon, or bishop say anything negative about any other faith or it's leadership. I don't understand the hatred towards Catholicism.

Welcome to INGO. :ingo:

And...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

And...

He's been a member longer than either of us. :D

Mmcc, you'll find there's all sorts of opinions here. Some folks hate anything having to do with religion, any religion. Others are deeply faithful and others are somewhere in between.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm not catholic.

The man himself, I believe is sincere. He has lived a pious life and has kept his perspective.

The "office" of Pope confuses me. Is he a religious leader? Is he a head of state? Can he be both? Should he be both?
    Sincerity is the most overvalued attribute ever. There is such a thing as being sincerely wrong. Or sincerely evil. Does one not believe that Hitler sincerely believed in a master race? Or that Stalin sincerely believed the killing of millions was best for his interests?

I assume someone is sincerely. What I care about is are they sincerely right or sincerely wrong? That's what matters.

I'm thankful to see a Pope advocate personal charity and to model the behaviors he wishes others did. The Golden Rule is the best of all.

But this pope appears not to be content with that. Rather than advocate for virtue, he attacks capitalism because it allows people without virtue as well as those with it. He buys into the AGW scam-- proving that he neither knows his place as a *RELIGIOUS* leader, nor much about science in general.

Personally, I think there was something of a Coup in the Vatican and that's how we can Francis. Was it not strange having a previous Pope resign rather than die?

The Catholic Church has gone all in on social justice and do-gooder Statism. It doesn't see, apparently, how a road paved with good intentions could lead anywhere other than to goodness.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"Anti-Catholic rhetoric" has been going on for some 500+ years. The one positive thing is there's no longer any literal holy wars complete with beheading. Hatred is a bit strong - I'd say a strong disagreement. Some of us like discussing this stuff.

The trick is to speak the Truth in love. I'm not attacking anyone here personally, but I am amendment in disagreements with many dogmas of the Catholic church. And honestly, I'm learning way more from others. Isn't that what dialog is about?

That's kind of sad if it's true. Either (A) the topic of Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism, etc. has never come up of (B) it has and the other religion(s) was deemed to be a perfectly acceptable path to God.

And how is this the first thread you've read if you've been a member for four years? :dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ecumenism

That's kind of sad if it's true. Either (A) the topic of Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism, etc. has never come up of (B) it has and the other religion(s) was deemed to be a perfectly acceptable path to God.

Well, this issue goes straight to the the top. The pope has been hosting interfaith prayer rituals with non-Christians for decades. One would think that Catholics could recognize that worshiping with pagans is utterly and unmistakably condemned all over the bible, but we see how flexible some can be when it comes to the scriptures.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son." 1 John 2:22

"As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:9

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." Luke 11:23

"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Ephesians 5:11

"Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." James 4:4

"Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14

"For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14

...and if you think those verses are blunt, check out God's reactions to this in the Old Testament. :n00b:

PopePaganLeaders.jpg

OB-QH938_howroc_G_20111027153143-e1330971185917.jpg

Pope+John+Paul+II+&+Assisi+Day+of+Prayer+for+Peace.jpg

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, this issue goes straight to the the top. The pope has been hosting interfaith prayer rituals with non-Christians for decades. One would think that Catholics could recognize that worshiping with pagans is utterly and unmistakably condemned all over the bible, but we see how flexible some can be when it comes to the scriptures.

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son." 1 John 2:22

"As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:9

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." Luke 11:23

"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them." Ephesians 5:11

"Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." James 4:4

"Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14

"For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14

...and if you think those verses are blunt, check out God's reactions to this in the Old Testament. :n00b:

PopePaganLeaders.jpg

OB-QH938_howroc_G_20111027153143-e1330971185917.jpg

Pope+John+Paul+II+&+Assisi+Day+of+Prayer+for+Peace.jpg

And to think, God's looking down at that picture thinking, " insert correct religious leader You really nailed it, Can't believe the rest of these idiots think they stumbled upon the one true religion, clearly being born in insert region of the world to parents of insert faith is the one and only path to Heaven/Nirvana/Moksha/Summerland/paradise etc."

And if you're religious all you have to do is fill in the correct religion, then you can't be offended.

Also I second the notion that Catholicism and the different sects of Protestantism are very different from one another and should be treated as such.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And to think, God's looking down at that picture thinking, " insert correct religious leader You really nailed it, Can't believe the rest of these idiots think they stumbled upon the one true religion, clearly being born in insert region of the world to parents of insert faith is the one and only path to Heaven/Nirvana/Moksha/Summerland/paradise etc."...

If only there were some way we could be clued into God's thinking rather than inserting our own biases and assuming that's how God operates.

...and the sole determining factors for religion is where you're born and what your parents followed? O................K

Top Bottom