• Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Awful.

Interesting.

Elderly people were killed. Easy victims. Perhaps because only elderly people go to church to pray in the middle of the week/middle of the day?

I note the terrorist was once again stopped from killing more people by guys with guns (as was the guy in Avignon), but tant pis for the initial wave of victims.

The attacker in Nice was arrested by the Municipal Police.
    Each city in France can decide if they want to arm their police forces, half of them are not armed I believe.
    In Nice they have guns and pretty much the same gear the National Police uses as the Mayor there is pro-gun.

In Paris the mayor only allowed them to carry batons :rolleyes: ...

In Nice they had .38 special revolver for years, after the truck attack a few years ago they switched to semi-auto 9mm pistols.

37526261.jpg

A local police force near where I live just bought some CZ P-10 pistols.

I think for years they were not allowed to use "military caliber weapons" and no semit-auto stuff, so no 9mm.
    They must have changed the law recently as more agencies are getting 9mm pistols.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    According to the linked article, someone was "nearly beheaded" in the church, a man had his throat cut (not clear if same person), a woman died in the church, and another woman who was stabbed several times fled to a nearby cafe but died later. Total of three innocents killed, plus the terrorist.

The first victim is a 70 years old woman.

The second a 45 years old male sacristan.

Third one a 30 years old woman who later died outside the church.

I don't think the attacker was killed, he was arrested and brought to the hospital.Apparently was shot by the police.

Several people are reported to have been wounded also.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Former Prime Minister of Malaysia causing some waves after this horrific attack:

ElgGj08WoAIKpm9

But, it's a good thing he's only justifying murder, and not sharing the Hunter Biden story. Then Twitter might have to take action.
    That is close to sounding like a declaration of war...

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Quick, someone from the BBC in Edinburgh interview Scottish “Justice Secretary” Humza Yousaf, and particularly ask what manner of “hate speech” triggered the attack in Nice.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54763136

"An Orthodox priest has been wounded in a shooting in the French city of Lyon, according to reports.

Police sources told reporters that the suspect had fled the scene.

France's Interior Ministry tweeted that a serious incident was under way, but gave no details about what was happening.

It said security forces were on the scene in Lyon's seventh arrondissement and urged people to avoid the area.

The shooting happened when the priest was closing his church, media reports say.

A police source told AFP news agency that the attacker was armed with a sawn-off shotgun and had fled the scene after the attack."

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    FTFY

The first statement is the tell. They'll have no choice in the matter unless that barbaric mindset of the culture changes.

Republicans...always ready to change up what people say to fit their narrative.

No wonder the Biden laptops aren't gaining ground.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

What narrative? That killing people in the name a religion is justified? That narrative?

NOTE:
    if you are on the side of people that say it's ok to kill millions of French people because of disrespect you are on the wrong side.
    if you are on the side of people that say it's ok to kill anyone that draws a picture you are on the wrong side.

Check thyself before thy wreck thyself.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Heard this today; and in Nice no less. Is the incident in Avignon connected, or similar (i.e. Muslim attacker)?

My spirit is lifted that French people are standing up to this; Stand firm, mes amies.

OTOH, to hear Erdoğan call for a boycott of French goods puts Turkey on my **** list. Ataturk must be spinning...

Well, the French are assisting the Greeks in their current disagreements with Turkey over maritime boundaries, so there is a rationale

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You mean like the gay progressives who will alibi and welcome those who would cheerfully throw them from a high place, provided those emigres can be presumed to vote Democratic; but somehow conclude that all Republicans literally want to kill them

Top Bottom